BHS file for administration

You can get a criminal record for stealing food to feed your family in desperate times. I wonder what the BHS pirates will get.

Great poem -- where did you find it?

It is called stealing the common from the goose.

My mother recited it to me in the early fifties when an unemployed bloke near us got two years for stealing coal in mid winter .

I have never forgoten it and quoted it a thousand time when i see the injustice in our system where the landowners and so called gentry get away with absolute murder while working people are fined or locked up for what may be wrong in the cold light of day but minor in the grand scheme of things.

I have just Googled the full poem it makes good sense .

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 14:34 ----------

How can you steal off yourself?

Read the facts behind the headlines .

Then come back and answer your own question

You can get a criminal record for stealing food to feed your family in desperate times. I wonder what the BHS pirates will get.
A massive bonus no doubt..

It is a 17th century protest song about the Enclosure Act, there are many versions of it.

Now we begin to see clearly that the business class are far from the noble captains of industry and brave investors that neoliberal doctrine would like us to believe. Their abuse, sleaze, corruption and exploitation is truly breathtaking, And it is now on public record.

Now we begin to see clearly that the business class are far from the noble captains of industry and brave investors that neoliberal doctrine would like us to believe. Their abuse, sleaze, corruption and exploitation is truly breathtaking, And it is now on public record.

When Cameron goes, we will get a new leader and new team; the media will think they are the best thing since sliced bread, and then 24% of the population will vote for them and they will get to form a Government?

Great :loopy:

There are plenty of good, decent businesspeople. Don't tar everyone with the same brush. I can hold my head up high with all my employees. I don't know about Sir Philip - I dont know how he ran the business or whether what he did was decent or honest.

I do know that trial by media usually gets the wrong end of things.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 18:29 ----------

Are all nurses evil and bad because of Beverley Allitt?

Are all doctors mass murderers because Shipman was one?

I don't know about Sir Philip - I dont know how he ran the business or whether what he did was decent or honest.

I do know that trial by media usually gets the wrong end of things.

He will pay up, he will get good legal advice. Its only trail by media because the pensions regulator was weak.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 18:32 ----------

Are all nurses evil and bad because of Beverley Allitt?

Are all doctors mass murderers because Shipman was one?

What drives a nurse to become a nurse; a FTSE director to become a top player?

He will pay up, he will get good legal advice. Its only trail by media because the pensions regulator was weak.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 18:32 ----------

What drives a nurse to become a nurse; a FTSE director to become a top player?

A nurse? - decent pay, job security, some responsibility, public adulation/worship and some handsome doctors around the place to pull. I have no idea.

A FTSE director? excellent pay, job security, huge responsibility, public (misguided) hatred and some beautiful secretaries around the place to pull. I have no idea.

Can you enlighten me if you have insight into all the nurses and all the FTSE directors?

Our high streets are lined with bright, cheerful shops, but behind the scenes is a corporate culture of greed, tax dodging, theft, exploitation and abuse. And this reality is becoming ever harder to deny. The truth is out!

Billionaire tax cheat Philip Green, who's Arcadia Group includes high street names including Wilco, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Outfit, Topshop, Topman and Wallis, will next week be expected to account for his dealings with the disgraced Dominic Chappell as he cynically offloaded BHS. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36476860

Only yesterday, Sports Direct's Mike Ashley revealed his shocking indifference to the plight of his front line staff, even as he enjoyed his £multi-billion fortune while his workers in Derbyshire were being paid less than the minimum wage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36465404