Norfolk Arms Grenoside

Does anyone know if the Norfolk Arms at Grenoside is still open?

No been closed for a while now

I think I heard that the company that owns the Forum, the York, the Old House and The Broadfield have bought one of the pubs in Grenoside, could be this one? Great news for locals if so, all their other places are excellent.

There is work being done on this at the moment, but I've heard conflicting rumours about who has actually taken over. One is the group mentioned above, another is that Bradfield Brewery have taken it over, and the final one is that it has been taken over by a company looking to turn it into a microbrewery.

Anyone have anything firm on who it is who has got it?

I was told ten days ago that its been bought by the same compnany who has recently reopened the Horse & Jockey at Wadsley. I gather they have 5 pubs and their market is selling reasonably priced craft beer/real ale, with some food too. They hope to pick up on the football traffic along the A61.

I'm sure if it is correct it will do a roaring trade, it's a good building with a large beer garden with cracking views. The pubs in the village are quite expensive apart from the Cow & Calf which is like a ghost town ( the landlord is a dick who has either barred customers or they've barred themselves)

If memory serves, it is Stancill who own the Horse & Jockey isn't it? If so I'd be pretty pleased with that! I only live a five minute walk away and Stancill do some pretty nice beers. the village is lacking in a really good real ale pub and has been for quite some time.

I often thought the Norfolk had massive potential that was being under utilised when it was owned by Enterprise, and Andy wasn't really the person to take it forward, even though he kept a cracking pint.

It'll be nice to have more pubs in Grenoside moving away from Enterprise and the pub tie side of the trade and getting more independents in, serving good, reasonably priced, beers and food.

I agree 100%.

The Norfolk has been stuck in a time warp for years, which sometimes can be a good thing but not in this case. There's been a lack of investment and ambition with little thought for changes in drinking/social trends.

Andys heart hadn't been in it for years and he upset so many people with his 'bitching' & talking about customers behind their backs.

There's plenty of activity on the premise so hopefully it won't be long before its open again ?

After a little more investigation it looks like it's going to be opening on the final Friday of the month, and it is indeed Stancill who have got it! They've done a real good job with the Horse & Jockey from all reports so it's going to be good to see how it develops.

I'm rather looking forward to it!

I agree 100%.

The Norfolk has been stuck in a time warp for years, which sometimes can be a good thing but not in this case.

Andys heart hadn't been in it for years and he upset so many people with his 'bitching' & talking about customers behind their backs.

And I bet Andy will be one of the first ones back in again for a pint. I hope so , it will be nice to see him again.

I've checked the Stancill web page and there doesn't appear to be any mention of the Norfolk yet ?

I've check the Horse & Jockey FB page and it looks great ! Monday jam night & music quiz nights, Tues quiz night, Fri after work offers, guest foods.

Bring it on !

If you check the Stancill FB page and have a look what has been posted by other people on there, there's a post that they have replied to.

Something for us all to look forward to! I know I'll be going along for more than the odd pint and bite to eat!

Just to update people, I got in touch with Stancill and the opening has had to be put back for a while due to the discovery of asbestos in the building.

They've said to keep an eye on their Facebook page for an update of when it will actually open now.