Star Flyer ride on Fargate

Saw this monstrosity for the first time yesterday. Ugly eyesore - when is it going away again?

thats the worst kept seceret kaytie thought it was a eyesore

I live in the city centre and this thing is open until at least 10pm, that's the latest I've been past it and it's been operating. I think the huge ferris wheel years ago was much better, but hey people seem to be enjoying it and whenever I go by it there are quite a lot of people looking up and filming the ride.

What a cool looking ride. It isn't something I fancy having a go on but there were plenty of people who were riding it today. All in all the Carnies have done good.

Who's been on it then, come on men, don't be a girl :hihi:

I've been on it and while £6 per adult is extortion it's a bloody good ride

It goes very high to the top of the clock tower on top of the Town Hall

My ride lasted a few minutes but I've noticed people having much longer if there isn't anyone cuing up, I've seen loads of kids get on too so they're not too fussed about safety it seems even though there is only one seatbelt and a bar in front to stop you being Superman

Take my hat off to you! Wouldn't get me up there for love nor money!!

Who's been on it then, come on men, don't be a girl :hihi:

I've been on it and while £6 per adult is extortion it's a bloody good ride

It goes very high to the top of the clock tower on top of the Town Hall

My ride lasted a few minutes but I've noticed people having much longer if there isn't anyone cuing up, I've seen loads of kids get on too so they're not too fussed about safety it seems even though there is only one seatbelt and a bar in front to stop you being Superman

6 pound isnt bad really noticed its not going to the top like it was at the beginning

6 pound isnt bad really noticed its not going to the top like it was at the beginning

I saw it yesterday (Friday night) and it was at the top. It might have been too windy or summat (or long queue) when you saw it.

I agree £6 isn't bad - as a one-off ride. When I first saw it, and how high it was, I thought it'd be worth a fiver* as it's only here a few months.

If it becomes less popular over time (which seems likely), I reckon they'll put the prices down. They'd be stupid not to. If there are only a few people around, get em on for a quid/2/3/4/5 depending on how many are interested, if the running cost is less than £24 a whirl (not noticed its capacity, but looks about that)

*Not a chance I'm going on it though. I love rollarcoaster type rides, the scarier the better, but that gives me vertigo just thinking about it and that youtube video on the opening day :gag::hihi:

Edited by *_ash_*

Looks ok to me.

Hope it's still up bank holiday weekend, when i'm down. I'll probably have to pay my daughter to have a whirl with me.

It looks utterly terrifying -

Look at all the little people on Fargate.

Edited by Nagel

Haha!

Looks great! Settle down with a triple burger and extra large milkshake.

Ha ha ha, yeah it's death defying :hihi:

Looks ok to me.

Hope it's still up bank holiday weekend, when i'm down. I'll probably have to pay my daughter to have a whirl with me.

I thought it was rubbish. We sat for about 35- 40 minutes in the chairs waiting for it the ride to fill up. If we had known that was the score we wouldn't have bothered. I was frozen when the ride finally started. Up to the top and back down in what seemed like 2 minutes. Be warned. Nice views at the top but not worth wasting almost an hour of my life for 2 minutes of action.

Edited by foxy lady