Dog walking groups

Hi does anyone know of any dog walking groups in South Sheffield? My dog was attacked and is now nervous on walks. I thought meeting some friendly dogs might help him get over it. Thanks

Hi does anyone know of any dog walking groups in South Sheffield? My dog was attacked and is now nervous on walks. I thought meeting some friendly dogs might help him get over it. Thanks

I take my 2 for walks in Dronfield, if that's any help?

They have also been attacked a number if times, and need to know that not all dogs want to chew on them.

There are quite a few of us in S20 who meet up on Heathfields Park, Halfway. Very friendly group and a good way to help your dog re-socialize and also meet up with some nice people. PM me if you'd like more info

Hi - I live in S17 and would also be keen to know of any walking groups. Don't know where you are but I'd also be happy to meet up and walk with you - I have an energetic, boisterous but friendly 5 month cockapoo who LOVES walking/playing with other dogs.

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 10:42 ----------

PS I'm female and retired

Hi, I live in S8 area female and retired looking for someone to walk my 14 month old rescue dog with. My dog missed all her early socialization due to previous owner being hospitalized and my dog was confined to a house 24/7 for months. She is extremely boisterous and giddy but doesn't seem aggressive with other dogs had her 9 months but plays fairly rough. Initially to walk on lead.

We have taken on an 18 month old rescue just over 1 month ago and he seems very good with most other dogs - though we still pop him on the lead when we meet other dogs as, every now and then, he seems to get stroppy with another dog while out. We go to Rother Valley obedience/puppy class every week and he gets on fine there now he knows evereyone

We live S17 also and mostly walk around the woods behind Bradway Road/Twentywell down towards the Abbey, be nice to have some company

Hello Skink,

I am new to the forum and don't know if I can reply directly to you, my partner and I also walk in that area we usually park by the allotments, we have had our dog 9 months and daren't let her off lead, she chases everything, we usually walk on a 30 foot long line. It would be good to have some company but would have to be on lead initially if that's ok, my dog is very boisterous and a lot of dogs seem to dislike or are worried by her giddiness. I am having problems getting her into training classes because she is very noisy in class - doesn't make noises on walks!

Hi Skink

Happy to give it a go - have pm'd you with my contact number

---------- Post added 04-09-2016 at 08:06 ----------

Oops I meant susan@swalle not Skink - though happy to walk with you too Skink lol

I also have 5 month old cockapoos n used to live near S17, unfortunately I'm in Rotherham now or I'd have loved to have got them together