Scrap man robbed my bike and weight bench

I had an old metal trailer that I wanted to get rid of, tried advertising no one interested then I thought about putting it out for the scrap man but no why should I, so I took it to pieces and went along to a metal recycling to weigh it in, get what I could, what did I get for it, Nothing, why the story I got was , one he would not accept or buy anything under 200kilo, mine was 51 kilo, the Tata steel business and foreign in ports of cheap steel had knocked the bottom out of scrap steel, the cost to him of processing any steel under 200kilo would not cover his working costs and they no longer give cash it’s card transfer or a cheque, so I did not want it back so rightly or wrongly I left it with him apart for the wheels which had good tyres on them on a regular basis scrap collectors, genuine or not, call and bring anything that’s not nailed down, the thing is who’s making the money if lots of people leave small amounts of scrap then the merchant will soon have his 200kilo, or do we help the genuine scrap men, rag and bone men, who advertise on their vehicles but be weary of the plain white van men. Ps any one interested in two Halfords small trailer wheels as spares, for a small fee S35 area. :)

Edited by MEC176

I had an old metal trailer that I wanted to get rid of, tried advertising no one interested then I thought about putting it out for the scrap man but no why should I, so I took it to pieces and went along to a metal recycling to weigh it in, get what I could, what did I get for it, Nothing, why the story I got was , one he would not accept or buy anything under 200kilo, mine was 51 kilo, the Tata steel business and foreign in ports of cheap steel had knocked the bottom out of scrap steel, the cost to him of processing any steel under 200kilo would not cover his working costs and they no longer give cash it’s card transfer or a cheque, so I did not want it back so rightly or wrongly I left it with him apart for the wheels which had good tyres on them on a regular basis scrap collectors, genuine or not, call and bring anything that’s not nailed down, the thing is who’s making the money if lots of people leave small amounts of scrap then the merchant will soon have his 200kilo, or do we help the genuine scrap men, rag and bone men, who advertise on their vehicles but be weary of the plain white van men. Ps any one interested in two Halfords small trailer wheels as spares, for a small fee S35 area. :)

Thats so shocking - whats the difference between a thief and a scrap man - not much by sounds of it !

Thats so shocking - whats the difference between a thief and a scrap man - not much by sounds of it !

Unless they are called up to collect the scrap, they have no right to help them selfs to stuff in your garden. This is crazy!

We had them on our street a while ago.

They were sending kids round the backs of the houses first and the kids fetched stuff to the front of the house.

Then the white van came along picking up all the "scrap" at the front of the house.

I confronted them when I saw them thieving a walking stick to be told "*** off or we'll cut you !"

That's when I called the Police and they took off quickly. In a van with false plates the Police told me later.

We had them on our street a while ago.

They were sending kids round the backs of the houses first and the kids fetched stuff to the front of the house.

Then the white van came along picking up all the "scrap" at the front of the house.

I confronted them when I saw them thieving a walking stick to be told "*** off or we'll cut you !"

That's when I called the Police and they took off quickly. In a van with false plates the Police told me later.

they must be fans of TPB