Ok ok so Sheffield's not dull but what makes it shine?

Whatever happened to skinheads chasing you through Pondstreet,the smell of urine in the subways,drunks in the Hole In Road,kids dropping chips on your head from the galleries?.

Sheffield jus aint the same anymore.

yet doesnt have many of the drawbacks/shortcomings of say London or seaside resorts

I think that's just what Sheffield could do with - a seaside, then it would be perfect in my opinion (and maybe a couple of really good bookshops) :)

Well, to be honest, I couldn't have got where I am now if it weren't for many people in Sheffield. We came here in 9170's, and straight away people helped us out. When our house was on fire, I remember, this ran out of his house, and got me and my sisters out.

Then there's those who looked after us, and helped us in other ways. So, I like sheffield because of the people. It's the people that make sheffield what it is. Brill city.

Well, to be honest, I couldn't have got where I am now if it weren't for many people in Sheffield. We came here in 9170's

Are you from the future? ;)

So, I like sheffield because of the people. It's the people that make sheffield what it is. Brill city.

I remember it took me a while to used to all the "loves", "flowers", and "ducks" when I moved here 9 years ago, but I think the people are lovely too (even the cranky bus drivers!) :)

Are you from the future? ;)

Type error, lol. Just to add. Just yesterday, someone who helped me in Sheffield found out where I lived. And dropped a note, saying, "your welcome to visit me and my partner, and family still live in Shiregreen."

I wont mention the person's name, but see what I mean; there's a lot of good people in Sheffield. I haven't see them and family for 10 years.

You're right 4U2NV; sheffield people are unified. Not all, but I met more good people than one who just don't want to say hi.

Type error, lol. Just to add. Just yesterday, someone who helped me in Sheffield found out where I lived. And dropped a note, saying, "your welcome to visit me and my partner, and family still live in Shiregreen."

I wont mention the person's name, but see what I mean; there's a lot of good people in Sheffield. I haven't see them and family for 10 years.

You're right 4U2NV; sheffield people are unified. Not all, but I met more good people than one who just don't want to say hi.

Yes sheffield people are good, so lets open fire to a innocent man walking threw hillsborough and give him a hole in his back for no reason:thumbsup:

Yes sheffield people are good, so lets open fire to a innocent man walking threw hillsborough and give him a hole in his back for no reason:thumbsup:

It still won't change my opinion of what I think about sheffield.

any idea's anybody what do u like about sheff

Its the centre of the world rock climbing universe, and by association, mountaineering.

the sun..... (is it a trick question?)