Royalty is it relevant now or in the future?

Once again we have the media going over board due to a family who stole the peoples land, wealth and rights centuries ago by force and violence .

This time it is due to one of them reaching 90 years old ,no mention that they are wrapped in cotton wool from birth to grave provided with the finest medical attention, food, houses (castles palaces etc).

On top of this we get the hangers on who can be seen posing in the most exotic locations wearing the multi thousand pounds wardrobe carried by the lacky's that bow and scrape to their every whim before being made a knight or lady of the realm .

Some of them live this high life by just keeping a low profile ,.the cousins for example even down to third or fourth removed can be seen at all the horsey events lauding it over the commoners who tip their hats at the slightest oppurtunity to be recognised by their superior human beings.

Some of these third or fourth removed are quite funny when the press (gutter) get to see them in all their splendour ,having their toes sucked or flying our helicopters to a local gig .

Charles two kids :hihi: go to great lengths to convince us all that they are just one of the lads making sure that they are seen on the latest good deed tour while telling us that they are really busy doing their every day job of being in the Army or driving the local rescue helicopter ,the thing is how do they ever manage to find the time for the trips to Rugby,Football ,Cloisters , motor racing ,horse racing etc,etc.

It must cost this family millions to perform all these tasks so they must be on good wages ( Charles volunteers to pay a little tax on the millions earned by his Duchy lands ! yes volunteers yippee thats a good idea int it).

Any way are they relevant in the modern age will they still be here in a hundred years? probably will;)

Edited by samssong
hat tipping

The french had the right idea. Royalty is disgusting and needs abolishing.

we dont and never have needed royalty full stop.

I suppose in a perverse way, with the kind of society we are living in, royalty is more relevant now than it was 50 years ago....And that's not a compliment on today's society!

I don't wish to interrupt the pointless, but I'm sure rather therapeutic toff-bashing, but I do have a question.

I would much rather the UK was a republic myself, but what kind of republic?

As far as I can tell there are 2 main options:

1. French model: Separately elected president who appoints a cabinet and oversees executive decision making. One can have cabinet appointments ratified by parliament as an extra check.

2. German model: Appointed president with no power and a purely ceremonial role. All executive power lies with the parliament (as it effectively is now).

If you go for 2 (and possibly 1 as well), you probably want an elected second chamber in parliament otherwise the head of government position (PM) is rather too powerful.

So you'd rather do away with the Queen and install droves of over-paid idiot politicians in her place??

Thank god you're not running the place, what an utter nightmare that'd be.

So you'd rather do away with the Queen and install droves of over-paid idiot politicians in her place??

Thank god you're not running the place, what an utter nightmare that'd be.

Well an elected second chamber would probably have fewer over-paid idiot politicians than the current house of lords. Currently there over 800 in there including 26 professional god-botherers.

Go for the German model with a head of state appointed by parliament and replace the 800+ lords with a drove of say 100 over-paid idiot politicians, and that's a net reduction of over 700 over-paid idiots.

Sound like a plan?

I don't wish to interrupt the pointless, but I'm sure rather therapeutic toff-bashing, but I do have a question.

I would much rather the UK was a republic myself, but what kind of republic?

As far as I can tell there are 2 main options:

1. French model: Separately elected president who appoints a cabinet and oversees executive decision making. One can have cabinet appointments ratified by parliament as an extra check.

2. German model: Appointed president with no power and a purely ceremonial role. All executive power lies with the parliament (as it effectively is now).

If you go for 2 (and possibly 1 as well), you probably want an elected second chamber in parliament otherwise the head of government position (PM) is rather too powerful.

Makes a refreshing change from the prole bashing which often occurs on here

Makes a refreshing change from the prole bashing which often occurs on here

It really doesn't.

Class war is boring in both directions and in my view always damages both sides.

Once again we have the media going over board due to a family who stole the peoples land, wealth and rights centuries ago by force and violence .

This time it is due to one of them reaching 90 years old ,no mention that they are wrapped in cotton wool from birth to grave provided with the finest medical attention, food, houses (castles palaces etc).

On top of this we get the hangers on who can be seen posing in the most exotic locations wearing the multi thousand pounds wardrobe carried by the lacky's that bow and scrape to their every whim before being made a knight or lady of the realm .

Some of them live this high life by just keeping a low profile ,.the cousins for example even down to third or fourth removed can be seen at all the horsey events lauding it over the commoners who tip their hats at the slightest oppurtunity to be recognised by their superior human beings.

Some of these third or fourth removed are quite funny when the press (gutter) get to see them in all their splendour ,having their toes sucked or flying our helicopters to a local gig .

Charles two kids :hihi: go to great lengths to convince us all that they are just one of the lads making sure that they are seen on the latest good deed tour while telling us that they are really busy doing their every day job of being in the Army or driving the local rescue helicopter ,the thing is how do they ever manage to find the time for the trips to Rugby,Football ,Cloisters , motor racing ,horse racing etc,etc.

It must cost this family millions to perform all these tasks so they must be on good wages ( Charles volunteers to pay a little tax on the millions earned by his Duchy lands ! yes volunteers yippee thats a good idea int it).

Any way are they relevant in the modern age will they still be here in a hundred years? probably will;)

Take it you didn't get laid this morning

Well I for one am a Royalist & don't care who knows .Yes , I agree I don't like the hangers on , they are a waste of space , but I think the main Royals are brilliant . I cant think of anything worse than having a damn president , who would you choose for a start ? . No , leave the Royals alone , they are what makes our Country what it is .

Well I for one am a Royalist & don't care who knows .Yes , I agree I don't like the hangers on , they are a waste of space , but I think the main Royals are brilliant . I cant think of anything worse than having a damn president , who would you choose for a start ? . No , leave the Royals alone , they are what makes our Country what it is .

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but that's not a very convincing argument. I'm quite fond of the Queen and Prince Consort myself, but it's not them you have to consider, it's the many who will follow.