Do You Think Sheffield Wednesday Will Get Promoted This Season?

Will the Owls get promoted this season  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Owls get promoted this season

• Yes
    • No

Not good enough at the min but who knows it may happen if we even manage the last playoff spot ! If we do i cant wsot to see the faces of the blades it will be glorious lol :hihi:

Not good enough at the min but who knows it may happen if we even manage the last playoff spot ! If we do i cant wsot to see the faces of the blades it will be glorious lol :hihi:

Who knows, maybe you'll finally get to experience the feeling of losing in the playoffs, that we've cornered the market on! :)

Who knows, maybe you'll finally get to experience the feeling of losing in the playoffs, that we've cornered the market on! :)

On the money mate for me :| dont get me wrong the playoff's are like a cup and anybody can win outsiders or not as we proved in 2005 cardiff if im remember rightly. We sneaked in with a last minute goal against hull which was a lucky throwing And went up ??? Genuinely dont think we are good enough and think derby will be the boys to do it but whi knows !

All i know is i wiil be there Saturday and playoff's if we get there, win , lose, k will be there with my boys ! Lol

I'd like to see whoever finishes third going up, as the top three have been much better than the others.

The owls obviously have a chance just by being in there, but it's quite a jump from not having beaten the top 5 in the 9 games against them so far, to beating two of them (even if on penalties!).

Maybe if they win at Derby at the weekend, that will change things, and give the team confidence that they can beat one of the better teams in the playoffs...

I have to agree, I've never liked the play offs. A team battles all season and finishes 3rd, then gets dumped in the lottery... Not a fair system.

As for us, no, I don't think we are quite ready to go up, in fact if we do go up I fear for us unless we invest big time! Out of the current squad I'd say less than half were capable of making a reasonable fist of life in the top flight!

I have to agree, I've never liked the play offs. A team battles all season and finishes 3rd, then gets dumped in the lottery... Not a fair system.

As for us, no, I don't think we are quite ready to go up, in fact if we do go up I fear for us unless we invest big time! Out of the current squad I'd say less than half were capable of making a reasonable fist of life in the top flight!

i agree, i also think it would be really unfair to dump those that helped us get to the premier league if we did

You can come and see my face Starlc, be chuffed to bits for you, we need a Sheffield club competing with the big boys, be it red or blue side, as i told Gazza yesterday, i will be rooting for you....:)

i agree, i also think it would be really unfair to dump those that helped us get to the premier league if we did

Don't worry about the ones that'll have to be moved on. They'll be on a massive bonus for promotion and won't be short of takers in the championship.

Some will go promotion or not. It's accepted in football that clubs must strengthen for the new season (most clubs anyway).

Chances are we'll be competing for automatic next season and for that we'll have to tweak the squad a bit.

I think CC is a first class manager he will do his homework and organise the team for the play offs, he is full of confidence and it rubs off on the team, we have nothing to fear just being in the play offs is good enough for me.only Middlesbrough have beaten us out of the top teams and we will not be playing them ,I think Wednesday will turn it on on the day I have full confidence in CC and the team...

I went to Cardiff match if they play like that then yes

Nature of the beast Mel. If we retained the current squad and played the usual 11 against most of the Prem we'd struggle big time. Yes, they've done exceptionally well this season but sadly, unlike the 90/91 side, many of them this time would be moved on

I think CC is a first class manager he will do his homework and organise the team for the play offs, he is full of confidence and it rubs off on the team, we have nothing to fear just being in the play offs is good enough for me.only Middlesbrough have beaten us out of the top teams and we will not be playing them ,I think Wednesday will turn it on on the day I have full confidence in CC and the team...

There's a very big possibility we will be? However, forget our results against them, I would honestly fancy us to get through against Boro - more than I would against Brighton. Burnley have beaten us as well but I think they're up with the fixtures they have

For me it's a Yes, If they will not just maintain what they have done before but even more they will get Promoted this Season.