Could you live on £25 per week for a family?

A lady claims she can live on £25 a week on food and freezes most what she buys which is already reduced. So their £25 on the table thats your allowance for the week could you do it and how would you do it?

A lady claims she can live on £25 a week on food and freezes most what she buys which is already reduced. So their £25 on the table thats your allowance for the week could you do it and how would you do it?

I could but it wouldn't be fun and no doubt involve eating lots of porridge.

£25 for a family of how many or £25 for one person ?

Your post isn't clear .

The drift from the article was one lady and her daughter nothing mentioned about a husband. For the sake of argument we say three people . Husband, wife and child.

I live on 90 dollars per week including groceries and cat food.

I feed the cat John West tinned salmon and cat biscuits washed down with expensive Pureau water. My cat is 13 and fit! Cat costs me around 15 dollars per week which leaves me with 75 for myself.

I eat home made veggie soup,fruit,nuts,bread,honey and i drink tea from the Pureau water,which cost 9 dollars for a 10 litre container.

Secret is to buy from the cheapest shop.

I would say you could do it especially if you bought to offer veg from such as lidl and cheaper meat cuts and such as beans and cheap bread wouldn't be an exiting prospect but could be done

Rather than not eat - yes I could. But it wouldn't be a lifestyle to which I would aspire.

I'd get a job that paid a little more and keep working till my standard of living was higher.

As a single person I can live on around £10 per week on food so its possible.

I spend more than that on wine, so no :(

Lol, and I probably spend more than that on lunches.

I expect I could survive, but that's not the same as living.

Lol, and I probably spend more than that on lunches.

I expect I could survive, but that's not the same as living.

And he pays much more than that on one breakfast.

Sorry, I meant 'we'.

The title is misleading as £25 a week for food is far from living on £25 a week, as it doesn't include bills, rent, etc.

I'm sure it can be done. I've seen programmes where even working families have less than that to spend on food for a week. On a regular basis, it is usually very detrimental to general health, oral health, etc. It's more 'existing' than 'living' isn't it?

Edited by Lex Luthor