Rother Valley Parking Expensive?

Park in the golf centre car park, then sneak across the putt and pitch holes 1&2 climb over the fence near the flagpoles then walk in the entrance. Don't park in the golf car park then walk in to the park as the guy in the hut that takes the money watches out for that.

That seems like a bit complicated and very much like trespassing. :hihi:

Edited by AmourDesign

Rotherham council is skint- all parking charges seem to have been increased and I guess they won't be bothered about all the parking on the roads round the back near Woolley brothers abattoir as its in Sheffield!

I thought they were building a Chinese theme park here?

not been for about 20 years. cant imagine it worth a drive out just to pay a fiver to park.

I did the 10k on Sunday, luckily the organisers had let everyone know in advance it was £5 or i'd probably not have had that much on me. Seems steep in comparison to parking charges at Sheffield parks.

Did wonder though, do all the parkrunners pay the £5 every week?

Not that long ago it's was 'only' £3.50 (which I thought was still too much), so to jump £1.50 is a big increase!!!

You can also park for free around the Killamarsh or Beighton side on the streets and walk in.

Or cycle in from wherever you like.

Well I suppose £5 might put off all the pot smoking, beer drinking groups of 'youngsters' from spending a bank holiday Sunday down there... Meaning it will be a more pleasant place to be with your family...

Or maybe that is what RMBC are wanting anyway? Less cars in, less noise, less complaints, less damage from cars doing wheel spins on the grass...

Or is it that they do want more money???

I think the one flat fee of £5.00 will put people off.

Would make more sense to charge £1 an hour or £2.50 for the first 2 hours and then £5.00 for anything longer.

Not that long ago it's was 'only' £3.50 (which I thought was still too much), so to jump £1.50 is a big increase!!!

Price went up on 1st April according to their website.

I did the 10k on Sunday, luckily the organisers had let everyone know in advance it was £5 or i'd probably not have had that much on me. Seems steep in comparison to parking charges at Sheffield parks.

Did wonder though, do all the parkrunners pay the £5 every week?

Apparently if you arrive before 9am and have a parkrun barcode then entry is free

Apparently if you arrive before 9am and have a parkrun barcode then entry is free

This used to be the case until some time last year.

Parkrun parking is now £1.