Will advice can anyone help

hya can anyone recomend help please or point me in the right direction

basically mum and dad want to sighn there house over to there grandchildren (theres 2 and there sisters) what do we do and how do we go about it iv looked online and its like a mind field my dads trying not to spend £1000s on soliciters ect does anyone know anything about all this or can anyone recomend where to go please x

thanks in advance x

http://www.willaid.org.uk/

Will aid is a great scheme, check out the link. Also look locally, as local solicitors sometimes offer their own schemes for a month of the year, with donations going to local charities.

cheeres hun thanks for that

also can anyone recomend any cheap soliciters lol xx

ill take a look

:hihi:

There's no such thing!

i know lol but there may be some resonable prices out there i can live in hope xx

basically mum and dad want to sighn there house over to there grandchildren (theres 2 and there sisters)

thanks in advance x

Sounds very complicated, with lots of implications if things change in 5-10 years time.

A solicitor wont charge you thousands for this. And you will have some comeback if it doesn't work out.

If you do it yourself, you may make a huge expensive mistake. I presume this is for tax avoidance reasons, you may be in for a nasty surprise/ visit from HMRC.

no its cus dads really ill and mums not able to cope with dealing with all this at a later time nothing dodgy just needs sorting now while mums still of sound mind thats all x

Sharon - it's not really a mine field at all. You just have to telephone a few solicitors, explain the position and ask for quotes. They will need information such as the value of the house and whether it is mortgaged and if it is freehold or leasehold. It certainly shouldn't cost you thousands of pounds. It does need doing properly though so a solicitor is a must.

Things to bear in mind are that your parents could lose their home if either of these grandchildren get into debt, even if it is their husband that is at fault. Also, if either of your parents require care in the future, Social Services could try to annul the transfer if they suspect that it was done to avoid paying for care.

See a solicitor and discuss all the pros and cons.

:hihi:

i know lol but there may be some resonable prices out there i can live in hope xx

You will not discover whether or not a price is reasonable until such time as probate and disbursement of funds have taken place. A reasonable price is one which doesn't cost you money at a later stage and you won't find that out, hopefully, for a long time.

Things to bear in mind are that your parents could lose their home if either of these grandchildren get into debt, even if it is their husband that is at fault. Also, if either of your parents require care in the future, Social Services could try to annul the transfer if they suspect that it was done to avoid paying for care.

See a solicitor and discuss all the pros and cons.

If they are married - any divorce may result in their partner walking away with part ownership of the house.

I used will aid and it was fine, I went to WilfordSmith at Rotherham as couldn't get a solicitor on will aid in Sheffield. Not because there weren't any but because was near the end of the time period it ran. No idea if they still participate though.