F1 2016 Megathread

The first time I saw it, it looked while Lewis rammed Rosberg when he came back on track (after Rosberg forced him off).

It took three or four views to see this wasn't the case.

Maybe so but never the less I am surprised Rosberg is still in denial about what he did. I am sure the reception Nico will get at Silverstone will be far from pleasant.

Mercedes' fundamental problem, I think is this:

Hamilton is faster than Rosberg most of the time.

Hamilton generally out qualifies Rosberg most of the time.

Rosberg however, certainly this season, generally starts better. So you have the issue of the bloke who's usually fastest actually compromised by being stuck behind the slightly slower guy.

This is inevitably going to lead to tears on the track occasionally.

Mercedes' fundamental problem, I think is this:

Hamilton is faster than Rosberg most of the time.

Hamilton generally out qualifies Rosberg most of the time.

Rosberg however, certainly this season, generally starts better. So you have the issue of the bloke who's usually fastest actually compromised by being stuck behind the slightly slower guy.

This is inevitably going to lead to tears on the track occasionally.

Mercedes have just a mess out of trying to sort it out.

Anyway a great win today for Lewis, 3 British GP wins in a row.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 18:42 ----------

Mercedes decide against appealing the decision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36768573

Putting it to the Germans today in Hockenheim

UK drivers wins GP1

UK drivers wins GP2

UK drivers wins GP3

I think they are getting fed up with hearing National Anthem.

Ricciardo drove very well today, I thought. Verstappen is obviously a very good driver, but he is getting involved in quite a few controversial situations, like moving in the braking zone, which he did against Raikkonen in the Hungarian GP.

Rosberg seems mentally more fragile than Hamilton; more likely to choke under pressure. He did it today and it's happened a few times with him this season. I can't see him keeping up with Hamilton now.

Putting it to the Germans today in Hockenheim

UK drivers wins GP1

UK drivers wins GP2

UK drivers wins GP3

I think they are getting fed up with hearing National Anthem.

Yeah good to see the Brits doing well.

Ricciardo drove very well today, I thought. Verstappen is obviously a very good driver, but he is getting involved in quite a few controversial situations, like moving in the braking zone, which he did against Raikkonen in the Hungarian GP.

Rosberg seems mentally more fragile than Hamilton; more likely to choke under pressure. He did it today and it's happened a few times with him this season. I can't see him keeping up with Hamilton now.

Great race for Lewis today, decent start and pretty much controlled the race. Surprised it turned out he could have gone faster but was just looking after his engine.

Nothing wrong with what Max did today. He gave Rosberg more than enough space but once again Rosberg wanted to get going straight on and not turn in. Nico can't keep driving like that and expect to get away with it.

Good race for Red Bull and surprised Nico could not do anything about them in the end.

Good race for Red Bull and surprised Nico could not do anything about them in the end.

I don't suppose his 5 second penalty helped him....

I wonder if not being given Champagne on the podium accounts for Ferrari's damatic lack of podium finishes?

Looks like Lewis will be home and dry pretty soon. I can't see Rosberg's confidence getting any better.

Looks like Lewis will be home and dry pretty soon. I can't see Rosberg's confidence getting any better.
Rosberg has plenty of confidence, its just he is not as good as Lewis....I think its just that simple !

Rosberg has plenty of confidence, its just he is not as good as Lewis....I think its just that simple !

I think it's both. He's clearly no where as good as Hamilton, but I also think also not as confident because he knows he's not as good.

What does surprise me is Mercedes renewing Rosberg's contract. There is tension between the two, Rosberg just isn't as quick as Hamilton and there have been too many crashes between them. So either get someone in like Ricciardo who would be faster than Rosberg, as a joint no 1 with Hamilton, or state that Hamilton is the team leader and the other guy is the number 2 driver.

Less tension, fewer crashes and everybody knows where they stand.