F1 2016 Megathread

Clearly Rosberg at fault messing around with his steering wheel and sees Lewis late so cuts him off. Lewis was just going for the gap that was there.

Anyway well done to Max.

Their crash was the best thing that happened to the race, made it much more interesting to see a fight for all three slots on the podium, not just 3rd place.

Their crash was the best thing that happened to the race, made it much more interesting to see a fight for all three slots on the podium, not just 3rd place.

I nearly turned it off after the crash, but it turned out to be a decent race, considering it's Barcelona, which I dislike. I think it's a crap circuit.

Great win for 'Max'. A few of us said in the last thread last year that this guy looks good.

Good win for Lewis today but what a shambles by Red Bull on their pit stop though.

Another decent race from Lewis.

Although it was all about the post race seagull discussion.

Rosberg delibrately crashes into Lewis and Lewis gets booed on the podium.

Then Nico has the cheek to blame Lewis for it.

Though initially utterly bizarre booing when I watched replay,

with hindsight, it was in Austria where Nico is likely to have some following, and having been at a race (like a footy match) they won't have the replays like we have on TV.

I rewound it a few times as it caught me off guard!

Great finish to a race!

Lewis'll overtake him in the title within 1 or 2 races is my guess. Rosberg wont come back from this, because he's just not got that edge.

with hindsight, it was in Austria where Nico is likely to have some following, and having been at a race (like a footy match) they won't have the replays like we have on TV.

Great finish to a race!

Lewis'll overtake him in the title within 1 or 2 races is my guess. Rosberg wont come back from this, because he's just not got that edge.

That is a bit unkind on the crowd. We, like the majority didn't see the incident. Instead we had an Austrian commentary which translated roughly as Hamilton attempted a pass and took Rosberg off the track. The crowd started booing. We too were less than thrilled.

It was only on the way home that we actually saw the incident and realised the commentary was placing blame where it perhaps was not deserved.

F1 encourages people to drive fast

There needs to be a speed limit of 90mph

90 is fast enough in my opinion

Great finish to a race!

Agreed but it seems like team orders will come in to effect more now. Which I think is unfair as it will stop them both racing each other.

That is a bit unkind on the crowd. We, like the majority didn't see the incident. Instead we had an Austrian commentary which translated roughly as Hamilton attempted a pass and took Rosberg off the track. The crowd started booing. We too were less than thrilled.

It was only on the way home that we actually saw the incident and realised the commentary was placing blame where it perhaps was not deserved.

Davidson pretty much gets it spot on with his analysis.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/10332569/mercedes-crash-analysed

That's what I meant but didn't write it very well, now having reread it!

I was meaning that like at football matches, you only see it in a split second. I watched it a few times on the rewind button, which I meant the crowd wouldn't have been able to do, and I suspected the booing was Rosberg fans.

The first time I saw it, it looked while Lewis rammed Rosberg when he came back on track (after Rosberg forced him off).

It took three or four views to see this wasn't the case.