The Old School House Onesacre Oughtibridge Sheffield

Does anyone know anything about the Old School House in Onesacre Oughtibridge Sheffield, and the family called Badons that lived there many years ago ??

178 Patricia

yes I do.Ive known them for years,the School house is mentioned in the Domesday book.

The Badons are relatives of my mothers and her sisters, they were cousins, are any of them around today.

178 Patricia

Bob and Joyce are dead and buried in Birtin Cemetery, Andrew is still around the area,Vicky is around Scarborough,Jane is around Oxspring,Carole is at Penistone and Heather was in Canada.Hope that covers it.

Thank you for the information, my cousin who lives in Scarborough is doing the Family Tree and she is greatful for any information.

178 Patricai

178Patricia,i have sent you a PM with some details on.

Thank you for the further information I will pass it on to my cousin in Scarborough.

178 Patricia

Does anyone know anything about the Old School House in Onesacre Oughtibridge Sheffield, and the family called Badons that lived there many years ago ??

178 Patricia

Hi, my Mum lived there with her husband in late 70's early 80's, sold it and moved to Wainfleet Nr Skegness around 1983. Surname was Jones.both passed away now and buried in cemetery in Oughtibridge.

Hi Patricia, I have just found this forum and like you doing family history. I am interested in the Badon family as my cousin seems to think that they married into her family? Not sure if you or others can help me but the family names that may relate to the Badon's are Taylor, Cocker, Goddard and Grayson. My cousin lives in Scarborough and hopefully someone can help please?

DCR

Hi DC Robinson

My mother was one of 13 children with the surname Taylor, they all lived at Haggstones Cottages in Oughtibridge, from what I understand my grandmother was a Grayson, and they were some way along the line related to the Goddards. My cousin Carol Robinson is the same cousin to you.

The Badons were cousins to my mother and the thirteen other Taylor children, who have all died now, some of which are buried in Birchlee Cemetary in Oughtibridge.

178 Patricia

Magic! Thank you so much, I have been in touch with Carol who has "filled" me in. I wil leave you two to sort out!

Kind Regards

DCR

its Baddon not Badon sorry for being pedantic but the spelling may hinder your search.Goddards were certainly related to them.