Council giving away fruit trees

I wish they would extend this offer to all residents in Sheffield, and I'd like an apple tree in my garden.

Put an apple in the ground, surely it'll grow into a tree - isn't that the idea of them?

Nice idea, but they need to get the litter problem sorted if they want to improve the environment.

Those who drop the litter are the problem love - not the council !:rolleyes:

It does sound like another of Sheffield Council's free stuff for the council house dwellers who vote them into their jobs, to be paid for by those who don't.

Look at hyacinth bucket getting on her high horse.

Some of Us council house dwellers also pay FULL council tax rent, and don't vote for the numptys in charge.

Edited by jon&emma

Most council Tennants who are paying full rent will be paying more than those with mortgages, who owe money to the mortgage lenders.

Oweing money doesn't make you better than those who pay rent.

But apparently it doesn't entitle you to a fruit tree.

Maybe your mortgage lender will give you one?

Sure, because giving away a few baby apple trees makes it okay that they cut down all the public space roadside trees... :huh:

Which of course they aren't doing anyway

I wish they would extend this offer to all residents in Sheffield, and I'd like an apple tree in my garden.

There were only Plum or Cherry trees on offer, no Apple, or pear .

skint council giving things away , just before elections :suspect:

The offer was a joke, i received the email and replied within minutes, only to be told they had none left, this was at 9am this morning, when i called them to confirm this, i was told there was some administrative error and only a handful of trees were actually available and not enough notice was given to the staff dealing with the freebie etc, etc, there was never much of a chance of getting a tree at all

Why is it only open to council tenants, people who own their own homes and those who live in housing association pay council tax, why are they excluded.

maybe because its funded out of the HRA account which council tenants pay into (and is nothing to do with whether you pay council tax) and is ringfenced why dont you contact your housing association and see if they will do the same

Fast forward....2018

Dear sir/madam.

Due to financial constraints we now have no option but to introduce a local 'fruit tree tax.'

Please follow the link and have your bank details at hand.

Regards,

Mr Banana.

Has anyone had a response yet? I emailed them when I received their letter and not had a response

Nice idea, but they need to get the litter problem sorted if they want to improve the environment.

why have we gone from fruit trees to litter ?, instead of hijacking a thread, start another.