Anyone lease/pcp cars here?

anyone lease/pcp cars here? or recommendations

its personal hire

budget < £260 pcm

miles < 8000 pa

looking at c class/ or quite liking the new qashqais

term 3 years (not wanting to keep car)

wanting a new car every 3 years

i did look at olds posts (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189855&highlight=car+leasing)

Try using Carwow and enter the car you want, dealers will then bid in with their prices so you can see what deals are out there

just as a by-the-way, what does PCP stand for?

Ive heard PLP, as in personal leasing plan

I'm not trying to correct you, as I've heard PCP on radio adverts, just wondered

personal contract purchase.

Not doing it, but considering it and the other options as well to get a commuting car.

http://www.contracthireandleasing.co.uk - search out deals on there for personal leasing then contact a few direct, often you'll find they have better deals available. Think Merc have a 'sale' on this month, seen some good offers.

Try claris-vs.com and wessexfleet.co.uk - had good deals from them before.

As a slight aside, I've looked at the numbers several times regarding leased/purchased.

Unless you absolutely won't accept buying a 1 year old 2nd hand car (ie it MUST be brand new) then I've always found that purchasing is cheaper.

As a slight aside, I've looked at the numbers several times regarding leased/purchased.

Unless you absolutely won't accept buying a 1 year old 2nd hand car (ie it MUST be brand new) then I've always found that purchasing is cheaper.

It depends on your finance options. Our main car is always bought from savings, cash, so our main car is always a 1 year old 2nd hand that we intend to drive until the maintenance costs start to exceed book-value. But if you don't have the cash to do that it can be worth looking at the various lease options over taking a personal loan, particularly those that include good value servicing plans and warranties.

A big drawback for me is the maximum mileage clause. Unless you can keep that low the monthly price shoots up considerably.

Carwow and drive the deal are the websites to go for, but don't forget to go and talk to a dealer face to face.

Prices on new cars are pretty fixed, there's little profit for the volume marques.

However a good salesman can still sort you out a decent deal with finance so it's worth popping in to see them.

It depends on your finance options. Our main car is always bought from savings, cash, so our main car is always a 1 year old 2nd hand that we intend to drive until the maintenance costs start to exceed book-value. But if you don't have the cash to do that it can be worth looking at the various lease options over taking a personal loan, particularly those that include good value servicing plans and warranties.

A big drawback for me is the maximum mileage clause. Unless you can keep that low the monthly price shoots up considerably.

I considered one last year as a small commuter car, but envisaged hassles at the end over different interpretations of fair wear and tear. I also came to the same conclusion as Cyclone, and just bought something nearly new for cash.

I think in truth that I don't like finance deals, would rather just buy it outright. I take your point about actually having the free funds to do it though.

have been doing PCP for years by far the most cost effective way, especially with warranties etc and after you have paid at least 50% of the term you can VT voluntarily terminate the agreement and give the car back, hence removing the worry of mileage charges and without damage to your credit rating as its a clause in all the finance agreements. Then start again and use your lump sum capital to make you some money or enjoy it, because unless you are buying classic cars you will lose money on outright purchase.

Even without committing your own capital, when I've compared the lifetime cost (3 years) of a lease to using a low cost personal low and reselling the vehicle in 3 years, owning it wins.

Id never ever buy my own new car again. Always lease.

I got an E class AMG Line for less than £300 a month 24 month contract. Mercedes Sheffiedl couldnt get near that price.

http://www.draytongroup.co.uk

Looking forward to getting next years Porsche :)

Edited by Remedy234