Help Needed To Lose Weight With A Realistic Diet

I second Slimming World. Its not a diet - its a lifestyle change.

Absolutely. It's the best thing I've ever done and years on, I've still not put any weight back on as like you say, it's a lifestyle change rather than a diet. Breaks bad habits and changes your whole mindset when it comes to food. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Its a very complex issue because one diet might work for you might not work for someone else. But we need to tackle the issues around obesity it's overwhelming our NHS . I would like to see more offers on fruit and veg and less on buy this pizza get one free I shop at Aldi their do have weekly offers so why can't for example Tesco do a similar offers?

---------- Post added 28-09-2016 at 21:52 ----------

Just remember that a diet isn't something you do for a while and then stop. It's what you eat, so change it permanently, have smaller portions, reduce the amount of processed food, reduce the amount of sugar...

Exercise doesn't have to be jumping about at the gym, walk more if you can for example.

Fruit has sugar in it but its natural its the man made suger that's the real issue .

Edited by crookedspire

Man made sugar, lol.

You mean extracted from sugar cane, or sugar beet, or various other natural sources...

Sugar in fruits is slightly more complicated (chemically speaking), but it's digested nearly as fast.

Man made sugar, lol.

You mean extracted from sugar cane, or sugar beet, or various other natural sources...

Sugar in fruits is slightly more complicated (chemically speaking), but it's digested nearly as fast.

Stop splitting the sugar cane here Mr Cyclone :P