Ten bob millionaires

Any one know whatever happened to 'Italian Ted' (Teddi Giordano) from 'Josie's' ?

In 1967 a pint of bitter in the Pump Tavern cost 1s 11d. In April of that year I went to Cornwall and found that it only cost 1s 7d there. I almost decided to emigrate. :P

Any one know whatever happened to 'Italian Ted' (Teddi Giordano) from 'Josie's' ?

He went to Fanny's after and then had a Pizza takeaway in Killamarsh, an arsehole in every sense of the word.

For guys of a certain age you could have a good night out with a few bob in your pocket,i know it's all relative but let's hear your memories.

There was a time when I had a £10 note in my purse. I could get a taxi into town, have a steak dinner, drinks till 11, on to a club, dance until 2 am, taxi home and still have £8.00 left over.

Now he expects me to buy my own.

Hey, ten bob (50p) mid 60's.

Saturday night, Out for 8 Oclock -3 pints, 10 fags, fish and chips, and back home for half past ten with change...

Magic our Morris....

I used to go to Josephines in the 80s , loved it to pieces

You may have glanced,

Then we danced.

How is Glasgow junior?:P

He went to Fanny's after and then had a Pizza takeaway in Killamarsh, an arsehole in every sense of the word.

---------- Post added 21-04-2016 at 22:02 ----------

Was Killamarsh that bad ?

On 13/04/2016 at 13:53, princeowales said:

I used to get 50p a day - 2p on the bus 71 bus to Attercliffe, get off on the bridge and walk 1/2 mile to Attercliffe Victory Club (bottom of Darnall Road way), have 3 pints of Worthington E - 15p/pint - walk back and get 71 bus back to Mather Road, another 2p.

I was only 16.......turned 18, my money went up and I would walk across to the Feathers...

Hi,

I’m aware that this is an old post but did you live on Mather Road? I’m looking for someone who lived at number 22 in 1961.

Thanks.

On 20/04/2016 at 19:58, stpetre said:

Last word was he was a car salesman in America.......

On a two page thread I note that 4 posters are banned and a further 2 had closed their accounts, a bit excessive don’t you think?