Ten bob millionaires

For guys of a certain age you could have a good night out with a few bob in your pocket,i know it's all relative but let's hear your memories.

I used to work behind the bar of a pub in Darnall when I was 18/20. I would make about £1 a night, with that I could get a taxi to town, get into Cavendish or Penny Farthing buy a couple of drinks and get home. That would be 1966ish.

I used to get 50p a day - 2p on the bus 71 bus to Attercliffe, get off on the bridge and walk 1/2 mile to Attercliffe Victory Club (bottom of Darnall Road way), have 3 pints of Worthington E - 15p/pint - walk back and get 71 bus back to Mather Road, another 2p.

I was only 16.......turned 18, my money went up and I would walk across to the Feathers...

I used to work behind the bar of a pub in Darnall when I was 18/20. I would make about £1 a night, with that I could get a taxi to town, get into Cavendish or Penny Farthing buy a couple of drinks and get home. That would be 1966ish.
...........alternatively, you could have had a lady of the night off the town hall steps, a meat pie and a couple of pints and still had some copper left out of your £1.

...........alternatively, you could have had a lady of the night off the town hall steps, a meat pie and a couple of pints and still had some copper left out of your £1.

Meat pie and the beers sound OK, but don't think much of the lady of the night bit, not for 10 bob, even in those days :gag: lol

Meat pie and the beers sound OK, but don't think much of the lady of the night bit, not for 10 bob, even in those days :gag: lol

Oh I dont know, ten bob would get you well above the top of the nylons.Maybe you went in the posh pubs.

And i could always forego the meat pie.

Ten Bob millionaire lol we were weekend millionaires starting at station down wicker and ending up in ROXYS or some other knocking shop ! Crazy daisy weren't bad either

Reading thread title i thought this would be about Josephines in the 80s..

Oh well.

Reading thread title i thought this would be about Josephines in the 80s..

Oh well.

You were in pinegrove and blue ball in them days lol

"Ten Bob Millionaire" = Champagne tastes but beer money!..met plenty.

We used to get dressed up like a thirty bob salad.......