Redmires reservoir-advice

Hi,

Thinking about going on a dog walk tomorrow. Where is best to park? (Will need to use satnav)

On a very old thread on here someone on here said there is like a beach at one of the 3 reservoirs on low tide?? Did I miss read that?

Thanks

Guest sibon

My adivice is to allow yourself an extra 15 mins getting there, because Amey are dong the roads. Diversions everywhere.

There are plenty of places to park up there. Just drive up to the reservoirs and pick your spot. Enjoy your walk.

Set your satnav for the Three Merry Lads and continue driving past the pub; it will be on your right hand side.

Continue, avoiding the turn on your left, down over the bridge until you get to the end of the road.

Do enjoy.

I went up there the other day and it was like a beach, there was so little water. A few kids were paddling.

Is the low water level normal or should we worry about it?

Also it looks like they are building another small reservoir on the right as you approach - is that right? Or maybe it's a car park?

It's only the top reservoir that is empty - the lower two are full.

I went up there the other day and it was like a beach, there was so little water. A few kids were paddling.

Is the low water level normal or should we worry about it?

Also it looks like they are building another small reservoir on the right as you approach - is that right? Or maybe it's a car park?

Which one?

Nothing to worry about.

In practice the three reservoirs hold water from other sources to be used as drinking water, after further treatment.

The water from the catchment is rather insignificant and requires a lot of treatment.

All three reservoirs are being renovated to enable the new Rivelin water treatment works to operate efficiently.

Which one?

Nothing to worry about.

In practice the three reservoirs hold water from other sources to be used as drinking water, after further treatment.

The water from the catchment is rather insignificant and requires a lot of treatment.

All three reservoirs are being renovated to enable the new Rivelin water treatment works to operate efficiently.

I meant the one you can see easily without getting out of the car!

Any idea what the building site area is on the right hand side as you drive up?

Is this past the old lodge moor hospital entrance ? I went to a reservoir on a visit when I was in the hospital in 1980

Yes and out past the 3 Merry Lads etc

I have some old tales to tell about the 3 Merry Lads pub...Back in the 70's..;)

When EVERYONE turned a blind eye to Drink driving..;)

I have some old tales to tell about the 3 Merry Lads pub...Back in the 70's..;)

When EVERYONE turned a blind eye to Drink driving..;)

So it was like every other pub in the 1970s then?

Beautiful walk on the Bradfield moors is Dukes road an old roman road just off Mortimer road near to Rocher Flatt farm.just above the farm you will see a public footpath the veiws at outstanding

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dukes+road+bradfield&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB783GB783&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX96fZ5tPaAhXlBcAKHQR_CHoQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1280&bih=617#imgrc=xmrJ5wefDGkFeM: