Old EDS/HP Offices Ecclesall Road/Napier Street

Does anyone know what's going on with the old EDS/HP offices, I used to know people who worked there but there were a lot of redundancies. Now the buildings are up for sale or to rent. Does anyone still still work for HP in Sheffield or has everone gone?

Its still a HP building but people have moved out. It will probably be shut by the end of the year as all functions are moved to other strategic locations.

One of the blocks is now occupied by Sheffield university. Its been for sale for a while, with HP keeping the lease until its sold. Its a big building and i suspect few businesses would want to take it on.

With the central parking area i imagine it will end up as flats at some point.

I think there's a skeleton workforce in the HP building now, under 50 IIRC.

They're all expecting to be relocated within the next six months.

All off to sunny Glasgow IIRC. I think the Scottish Government offered them an insentive to build a big centre up there so they are closing all the other sites.

The ground opposite that was Gordon Lamb has recently been cleared as well. I'm suprised it hasn't got travellers on it by now.

HP are going to Nottingham aren't they?

HP are going to Nottingham aren't they?

The contracts in the Sheffield office are moving to Glasgow but they have other offices in Nottingham and Derby which work on different accounts. I imagine any talented individuals HP wanted to keep who didn't want to move to Glasgow will be transferred to other accounts so Derby and Nottingham would be likely destinations. HP are also quite flexible so people could have been working in Sheffield just because that was their nearest office, it was not exactly full since it was built for the EDS Norwich Union contract which they lost some time ago.

HP, or Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) as they are called now after the split into two separate companies are not the "quite flexible" company they once were.

All roles are in the process of being moved into Regional Delivery Centres (RDCs) in Erskine (Scotland), Newcastle and I think one down south somewhere. Sheffield, Nottingham, Derby and many other HPE locations days are numbered. Homeworkers who thought that this wouldn't affect them had the rug pulled out from under their feet when formally told in March that they soon would have to work in their nearest HPE office!

On top of that there are nearly 800 redundancies at the end of this month with plenty more to come. Many have already gone before this current round.

Sad times. Worked there myself 2002-2004 before going home based. Took voluntary redundancy in 2010 after 21 years service (British Coal to HP through various privatisation and outsource) as didn't like what HP were doing after the 2008 takeover.

Saying that didn't realise HP still had presence at the site. Good luck to everyone affected though.

Good luck to all of you .Quite a few of you were good customers of ours for many years .I think Sheffield has had more than its fair share of redundancies .

With the central parking area i imagine it will end up as flats at some point.

Yup, if I were a betting man I would put my money on a conversion to student flats.