101 night noise service cancelled

I rang the 101 service last night to complain about some selfish person who thought it was fun to play their music very loud from 11.00pm right through to 5.00am and i was told that this service is not available anymore. Does anyone know if this is true ? , i had to take a day off work today as i was so tired, i had no sleep at all :mad:

Should still be working...

https://www.police.uk/contact/101/

He/She isnt about the actual 101 service, the council have a service which operates in the evening and overnight which goes out to sources of nuisance noise. You have to ring 101 to access it, though, and they pass the details on.

Not that its actually any good, on the two occasions Ive had to use they have said that they may send someone out if they have the time, given the noise continued they certainly never bothered.

When i rang last night , i was told that the 101 service to report noise nuisance is no longer an out of hours response service and the details of my call will be passed to the relevant team the following working day. This is not acceptable at all and is basically saying to the selfish people play your music through the night if you want as nobody is going to come out and stop you. Meanwhile everybody in the area suffers, and i have found out that i was not the only one who took a day off work because of the noise.

When i rang last night , i was told that the 101 service to report noise nuisance is no longer an out of hours response service and the details of my call will be passed to the relevant team the following working day. This is not acceptable at all and is basically saying to the selfish people play your music through the night if you want as nobody is going to come out and stop you. Meanwhile everybody in the area suffers, and i have found out that i was not the only one who took a day off work because of the noise.

My bold, that's austerity at work

It'll probably be re-introduced in the summer when everyone's having barbeques and playing music at night. This is the only time I knew anyone come out to a complaint.

To be honest, I think it's a bit sad that once the nice weather's here we can't have a few friends round for a drink & food without the local nosey do gooders ringin 101 to moan!

It'll probably be re-introduced in the summer when everyone's having barbeques and playing music at night. This is the only time I knew anyone come out to a complaint.

To be honest, I think it's a bit sad that once the nice weather's here we can't have a few friends round for a drink & food without the local nosey do gooders ringin 101 to moan!

There is a bit of difference between a civilised social gathering and an all-night rave.

I have had cause to ring them in the past due to noise from the police social club, all they do is and someone out, hours later, then suggest I close my windows(on the warmest night of the year). They also on one occaision said they had asked them to turn it down but it was still loud as ever. They had no powers to do anything except call police if the offenders refused to comply, seeing as how this was the police they just continue to annoy residents no matter how much they complain so in my opinion they serve no purpose anyway. The marquee has just been erected again so bang goes another summer of peaceful evenings. I have always strongly objected to people forcing me to listen to their music, I love music of all sorts but I want to listen to it when it suits me not someone else. When the weather is good I spend a lot of time in the garden I wouldn't even put a radio on because it might disturb someone. The noise nuisance regs say, or used to, that if it was disturbing anyone, its too loud. I think its all baloney. No council department ever does anything about it. They spend oodles of our money setting up these departments so they are seen to be doing something then just lets it rot. I have worked for the council and know first hand how millions are wasted.

There was a diesel spill at the traffic lights in Broadfield and i nearly came off my motorbike.

I called 101 from my mobile to report it but the line was dead.

I know that i probably didnt use the right number from a mobile but i couldnt find any other number.

There was a diesel spill at the traffic lights in Broadfield and i nearly came off my motorbike.

I called 101 from my mobile to report it but the line was dead.

I know that i probably didnt use the right number from a mobile but i couldnt find any other number.

Ive rang 101 from my mobile without any issue at all.

According to https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/environmental-health/pollution/noise-pollution/domestic.html ...

If, however, a loud noise happens a lot, goes on for a long time or interferes with your normal activities, you may be suffering from a noise nuisance. An informal approach to your neighbour would normally be the first step.

There is a log sheet that you can download and fill in and also the Council say that:

It is also extremely helpful if at least one other person, preferably from another household, also completes a log of nuisance and questionnaire that will then be used to corroborate your evidence.

I have experienced Sheffield City Council's Environmental Protection Service and agree with paula1. It does seem that they make it appear that they will not tolerate noise nuisance, but you try and prove to them that the noise is actually a statutory nuisance.

My advice would be to collect as much evidence of the nuisance that is ... happening a lot, goes on for a long time or interferes with your normal activities.

The important thing is ALWAYS report any nuisance however much you might think it is not important. This will over time build a picture of the problems you are or may be experiencing. The Environmental Protection are legally obliged to investigate reports of noise nuisance. Insist on the use of sound monitoring equipment if the nuisance doesn't stop. Make sure that when you report a nuisance to the police, say, that it is recorded and passed onto the relevant body at the Council.

Edited by diezeltruck

Ive rang 101 from my mobile without any issue at all.

That was my point......it was only a week ago that i called and the line was dead.