Jeremy Corbyn real chance at PM!

Jeremy Corbyn will be Prime Minister for Great Britain  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Jeremy Corbyn will be Prime Minister for Great Britain

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know
    • Other

Too true, unfortunately Labour have a habit of electing the leader they want but not what the country wants. As you say Michael Foot was undoubtably a clever bloke but just came across as a shambling old man, Kinnock could never shake off the image of Welsh Windbag, and certainly did nothing to dispel it. I'm sure most right thinking people knew they'd picked the wrong Milliband, they then select someone more left wing.

The conservatives went through the same process with William Hague, Michael Howard and Ian Duncan Smith before they stumbled on David Cameron.

It's easy to forget that 500 of the 650 seats don't matter, elections are mostly decided on the 150 swing seats and they are the ones to appeal to not committed Labour or Conservative supporters. I've put this argument on here before saying that Tony Blair was the most successful ever labour leader and if you forget what people think of him now he was at the time very electable. But the left leaning people on here have countered that by saying they would sooner be out of power than have a leader like him. So be it then.

Can they not find somebody in the Labour party who is both honest and moderate simultaneously. There must be one somewhere. Surely.

If the popular and consumately shrewd Boris Johnson becomes the next leader of the Conservatives, then Jeremy Corbyn can forget it. Sad but probably true.

If the popular and consumately shrewd Boris Johnson becomes the next leader of the Conservatives, then Jeremy Corbyn can forget it. Sad but probably true.

Who would you pick as leader with your pragmatic hat on?

It's a shame Tony Benn is not still around. Hilary perhaps?

I answered the question just because you don't like it tough not my problem.:huh: now come and ask me again in a Cpl of years when things will be happening then ill let you know ok :roll:

Sorry yes, you did answer to the best of your abilities.

Can they not find somebody in the Labour party who is both honest and moderate simultaneously. There must be one somewhere. Surely.

They probably will eventually after spending more years in opposition, the problem is that the left wingers hate the moderate members just as much as they do the Tories. It's OK having people like Dennis Skinner being against capitalism, but being in opposition won't help the people he professes to care about,

That's not answering the question is it?

So basically he's Labour he's seems sort of alright, so you things he's the bees knees. Awesome.

But lots of smiley faces so you know it must be true.

But lots of smiley faces so you know it must be true.

Lots of smiley faces so I know that its half term.

Ha ha... Oh yes I'm sure they can. But unfortunately for anyone who fits your description, they couldn't get through Labour's election process. It is a sad fact for their election prospects that if the parliamentary party found a way of getting rid of Corbyn the party itself would re-elect him.

They had this debate with Ken Livingstone. His conclusion was that should someone bump off Corbyn they would elect John McDonnall. Or should I say the unions would appoint him?

You couldn't make it up.

Of the Tories,or Labour?

Boris for the Conservatives, (I can't help but like him, in spite of myself, and think he would make a good leader.)

For Labour, I have no idea beyond Corbyn. He is a good man and may surprise us. I like everything he stands for. And he's honest. Let's call him a work in progress.

But he lacks media skills, wit and a visible sense of humour. He doesn't seem to realise that politics at the top is not just about worthyness, but showmanship. Boris has that in spades which is why he might wipe the floor with anyone they put up against him, including Hilary Benn.

Sad but true. Let's hope the Conservatives muck it up and vote in George Osborne as leader...

Of the Tories,or Labour?

Boris for the Conservatives, (I can't help but like him, in spite of myself, and think he would make a good leader.)

For Labour, I have no idea beyond Corbyn. He is a good man and may surprise us. I like everything he stands for. And he's honest. Let's call him a work in progress.

But he lacks media skills, wit and a visible sense of humour. He doesn't seem to realise that politics at the top is not just about worthyness, but showmanship. Boris has that in spades which is why he might wipe the floor with anyone they put up against him, including Hilary Benn.

Sad but true. Let's hope the Conservatives muck it up and vote in George Osborne as leader...

We won't. Well at least I hope so.

got to be better than dodgy dave

I quite like Hilary Benn, especially after that Syria speech. Future PM material there when Labour eventually get back in power.