Help with stray cat

Hi,i would just like some help and advice please.My neighbours have moved leaving their kitten,We have tried to find them,but to no avail.They have abandanded this poor cat,I have been feeding it and making it comftable in my summer house.I have 2 rescue cat's myself and do not want to take any more on.I have been in touch with a couple of rescue centres and to be completely honest they have not been any use,One suggesting that I should take this cat straight away to have her spayed.I know the rescue centres have limited space,but please what can I do,i don't want to turn my back on this poor little kitten.any advice???

Hi,i would just like some help and advice please.My neighbours have moved leaving their kitten,We have tried to find them,but to no avail.They have abandanded this poor cat,I have been feeding it and making it comftable in my summer house.I have 2 rescue cat's myself and do not want to take any more on.I have been in touch with a couple of rescue centres and to be completely honest they have not been any use,One suggesting that I should take this cat straight away to have her spayed.I know the rescue centres have limited space,but please what can I do,i don't want to turn my back on this poor little kitten.any advice???

That's awful, what the hell is wrong with people? Do you know how old she is? She will deffo end up pregnant, which is awful. Maggie from Friends of Ferals may be able to help? I'm not sure of her user name but one of the mods will. I'll ask my hubby if we can help, but with two already and a dog I'm not sure we can afford another one.. Keep us informed and well done for helping the poor kitty

What area are you?

That's awful, what the hell is wrong with people? Do you know how old she is? She will deffo end up pregnant, which is awful. Maggie from Friends of Ferals may be able to help? I'm not sure of her user name but one of the mods will. I'll ask my hubby if we can help, but with two already and a dog I'm not sure we can afford another one.. Keep us informed and well done for helping the poor kitty ��

What area are you?

hi,thanks for the reply,she's about 6months old,i did mention to one of the rescue centres that I was worried she would get pregnant,i wish I could afford to keep her,i have phoned pdsa bout having her spayed but you have got to be on benefits.our local vet charges £75+vat.she is a lovely cat,i have also been advised to stop feeding her and she will go away,this maybe true,but how can I do that,i am an animal lover and think that's not nice.i am in the s5 area

hi,thanks for the reply,she's about 6months old,i did mention to one of the rescue centres that I was worried she would get pregnant,i wish I could afford to keep her,i have phoned pdsa bout having her spayed but you have got to be on benefits.our local vet charges £75+vat.she is a lovely cat,i have also been advised to stop feeding her and she will go away,this maybe true,but how can I do that,i am an animal lover and think that's not nice.i am in the s5 area

give Magsie on her a Pm and I am sure they will help she run friends of ferals I cant take another in I have 6 of my own and 1 pregnant female taken in recently

.Have you contacted pet Samaritans in chesterfield they are pretty amazing. Rain rescue Sheffield cat shelter. RSPCA May help but doubt it. I have two already and feed a feral, one of my girls hates other cats otherwise I would have collected her from you. Cats protection are usually able to help with vouchers to spay cats. Why do people get s pet then abandon them I have no idea.

Of course you can't stop feeding her! Great advice eh? Not. Maggie helped me with a spay voucher when I helped with a stray a few years ago. I will still ask hubby though, you never know! What colour is she? Xx

First thing first definitely contact cat protection and tell them that you have Female stray, at 6 months she will start to breed this year anytime soon, they will either foot the cost of neutering or you will get it vastly reduced, this is very important or you will soon have kittens to add to the problems.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=972361

Keep her into the summer house for a week or 2 after with some good food and then we can start to advertise her and look for a good home, I will help if I can, but first get that done its mega important.

Thank you for being so kind and helping the poor little Girl x

palascrubs .... do you want to email us at eightlives@outlook.com? we're a small rescue in Sheffield 8 and have space to be able to help.

:banana::banana::clap::clap: great news!