Sheffield golfer Danny Willett wins the Masters golf!

Well done but nowt to get too existed about, somebody winning a lot of money for a pastime.

Played for municipal golf club Birley Wood Golf Club as a junior in 2003 and Won The NAPGC Wilkinson Sword for Birley in 2003 and 2004 and probably would have won it in 2005 but got picked for English Boys instead, junior membership at Birley only £5, pictures of Wilkinson Sword on Birley Wood facebook page Birley Wood or follow on twitter @BirleyWoodGC Cheers Dave Cronshaw Junior Manager Birley Wood GC

Best thing about his win was following his brothers twitter feed throughout - check out @p_j_willett

Root

Ennis

Brook

Willets

Fitzpatrick

Vardy

Matthew

Root

We should be shouting this from the rooftops as a city!!

What about Nazeem..?

But on the subject of Danny Willett what a massive victory for the 29 year old...Hope he remains in Rotherham but somehow I can't see it :)

The Masters reminded me a tad of the Olympics. If you recall, Yorkshire proudly boasted that its athletes would - on their own - have been twelfth in the medal table. Well, Sheffield (or at least its 'metropolitan borough') featured three of the top seven players of the tournament, more than any other entire country on earth.

Remarkable. And yet this city still doesn't have the balls to call itself the City of Golf, let alone the City of Sport.

The Masters reminded me a tad of the Olympics. If you recall, Yorkshire proudly boasted that its athletes would - on their own - have been twelfth in the medal table. Well, Sheffield (or at least its 'metropolitan borough') featured three of the top seven players of the tournament, more than any other entire country on earth.

Remarkable. And yet this city still doesn't have the balls to call itself the City of Golf, let alone the City of Sport.

Yes I agree but Sheffield should have a world class golf course as we know all the best local golfer's traiin at Carlton-In-Lindrick

Yes I agree but Sheffield should have a world class golf course as we know all the best local golfer's traiin at Carlton-In-Lindrick

I quite agree...with the first part. ;)

Rossington Hall is a special prospect and, if we can call the airport ours, we can bloody well claim the golf course too!

Sheffield has got some nice courses but nothing truly top class.Too hilly perhaps?

Congratulations to Danny and Nick.I thought Mr Speith was a bit ungracious in defeat but i don't suppose Danny Willett will be too worried about that:)

Imagine if they both qualify for the Ryder cup one day.What a pairing that would be.

Bumped into him looking for a ball in the rough on Concord this morning

Said Concord is his favourite course, speith was a nice guy and is coming over for a round on it at the end of May.....he likes trudging up the hills sweating in the summer

Also he bought a dozen balls off some kids selling them for £2

Top bloke

Said Concord is his favourite course, speith was a nice guy and is coming over for a round on it at the end of May.....he likes trudging up the hills sweating in the summer

Top bloke

Flopping heck, so that bloke who said he was him, trying to knock the ball through the windmill at Skeggy was lying.

Excellent performance, well deserved let's hope he follows it up at the other majors.

Top bloke

Yes, of course that happened.Dont suppose you were aware that he said he is having 2 weeks off from golf and he was in the town hall from 9.30 and signing autographs and having photo's taken outside.Then he made is way to Linderick golf club for another photoshoot. :loopy: Edited by Jerky

Yes, of course that happened.Dont suppose you were aware that he said he is having 2 weeks off from golf and he was in the town hall from 9.30 and signing autographs and having photo's taken outside :loopy:

Irony alert...............................................