Should The Death Penalty Be Brought Back?

Don't they get segregated so they're in a separate wing with the rest of their kind?

Indeed I believe they are segregated as you say. However, evil Whiting, disgusting Huntley and the disgraceful vermin Bridger have all been attacked, one has to hope they were hurt and frightened, and I don't doubt there have been other instances.

It's not a matter of them being abroad or foreign.

Even in domestic matters in the UK, the police sometimes shoot somebody because they're an immediate threat and it's the lesser evil.

If it were practical to capture all the enemy combatants in warfare and then put them on trial, you might have a point. It isn't so you don't.

They aren't enemy combatants as per the Geneva convention but criminals.

So I do. : )

Edited by Brian Equato

I challenge anyone who supports the death penalty to watch the Executions film released in the 90's, with actual footage of people being executed. It will change your mind in most cases I guarantee. It did me.

I challenge anyone who supports the death penalty to watch the Executions film released in the 90's, with actual footage of people being executed. It will change your mind in most cases I guarantee. It did me.

Why would that change anyones mind? Unless they thought executions meant giving someone a hug and a custard cream?

They aren't enemy combatants as per the Geneva convention but criminals.

So I do. : )

They're illegal enemy combatants. That doesn't give them more rights than legal enemy combatants. Technically it gives them fewer rights.

That's not the point though. It's usually impractical to arrest them even if there were a legal framework to do so (which there often isn't).

I wish it wasn't necessary, but warfare is a completely different matter from civil law enforcement.

They're illegal enemy combatants. That doesn't give them more rights than legal enemy combatants. Technically it gives them fewer rights.

That's not the point though. It's usually impractical to arrest them even if there were a legal framework to do so (which there often isn't).

I wish it wasn't necessary, but warfare is a completely different matter from civil law enforcement.

Of course they are different situations and police have robust ROE to deal with armed threats here as we did in the sandpit.

However inteligence led drone strikes are executive non judicial executions. I support both the death sentence and targeted killing of terrorists abroad, what I struggle with is those who support the latter which has far less safeguards but decry the the former full judicial process as barbaric and unacceptable.

Of course they are different situations and police have robust ROE to deal with armed threats here as we did in the sandpit.

However inteligence led drone strikes are executive non judicial executions. I support both the death sentence and targeted killing of terrorists abroad, what I struggle with is those who support the latter which has far less safeguards but decry the the former full judicial process as barbaric and unacceptable.

It's a matter of practicality. It's practical to refrain from lethal measures in civilian law enforcement (mostly). Although if somebody takes hostages or starts waving a gun around in public, by all means shoot them.

All of the above didn't stop the killing (or should that be legalised murder) of Jean Charles de Menezes who was innocent and shot 8 times by armed police at Stockwell Tube Station.

All of the above didn't stop the killing (or should that be legalised murder) of Jean Charles de Menezes who was innocent and shot 8 times by armed police at Stockwell Tube Station.

Huh? We are talking about robust ROE not ROE that prevent action. Without wishing to derail the thread the people responsible for his unfortunate death were the 4 jihadi vermin who tried to blow themselves up on 21/7 and i'd happily hang all 4 of them myself. The officers who ran towards and granbed a man they genuinely believed to be a suicide bomber who had just boarded a tube putting their lives in mortal danger are blameless in his death.

Huh? We are talking about robust ROE not ROE that prevent action. Without wishing to derail the thread the people responsible for his unfortunate death were the 4 jihadi vermin who tried to blow themselves up on 21/7 and i'd happily hang all 4 of them myself. The officers who ran towards and granbed a man they genuinely believed to be a suicide bomber who had just boarded a tube putting their lives in mortal danger are blameless in his death.

Then you're just as morally corrupt as they are and just as wrong.

Why would that change anyones mind? Unless they thought executions meant giving someone a hug and a custard cream?

After watching someone die, gasping for breath, you stop caring about their crime and start thinking they are still a human being.