Should The Death Penalty Be Brought Back?

On 09/04/2016 at 21:07, crookedspire said:

So killing a baby like the recent case is down to mental health well hell yeah let's release all killers after all its down to mental health what a load of ....!

Well yes, sometimes it is. I knew a mentally ill woman who killed her baby; fortunately savages like your good self weren't in power, so she was nursed back to health rather than being hung.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Well yes, sometimes it is. I knew a mentally ill woman who killed her baby; fortunately savages like your good self weren't in power, so she was nursed back to health rather than being hung.

a a baby killer with mental health is not someone that should ever be in society, that sort of problem can never be permanently erased only managed and thats a big risk..too big!

Just now, PRESLEY said:

:confused::huh:

Not quite sure why you're perplexed?

Prison breaks people, nerves fray, presumably more so when you're innocent, so if an innocent person was wrongly imprisoned for life and the daunting prospect of having to spend the rest of their natural in prison drove them to hang themselves to escape the nightmare, what then? 

10 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

a a baby killer with mental health is not someone that should ever be in society, that sort of problem can never be permanently erased only managed and thats a big risk..too big!

Yeah sure I'll take your word over mine - after all I was only a psychiatric nurse for 19 years and you've read The Sun. Seems legit.

11 minutes ago, danot said:

Prison breaks people, nerves fray, presumably more so when you're innocent, so if an innocent person was wrongly imprisoned for life and the daunting prospect of having to spend the rest of their natural in prison drove them to hang themselves to escape the nightmare, what then? 

Then they'd be dead. You're an absolute hoot, trying to use suicide to argue for more killing.

32 minutes ago, danot said:

Err  There is a difference between Suicide and being put to death. :roll:

4 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Yeah sure I'll take your word over mine - after all I was only a psychiatric nurse for 19 years and you've read The Sun. Seems legit.

Then they'd be dead. You're an absolute hoot, trying to use suicide to argue for more killing.

5 minutes ago, Halibut said:

You're an absolute hoot, trying to use suicide to argue for more killing.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a hoot, a massive troll too allegedly, opinions vary.  But, one thing I'm not is malicious, so enough with the character bashing.

I'm using suicide because it actually happens to be a serious, alternative consequence of wrongfully imprisoning someone for life. 

25 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Err  There is a difference between Suicide and being put to death. :roll:

I'm aware of that. But, if an innocent person decides to take their own life, hanging themselves due to being wrongfully imprisoned for life, what has to happen to  ensure it doesn't happen again?

15 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Might as well get rid of the critically ill as well then by sound of things! 

Some of the critically ill have had a hard time trying to die, with dignity, for decades. In fact, assisted self-euthanasia/suicide is still not allowed in many countries.

On 02/03/2019 at 01:25, gaz 786 said:

Should be allowed I think its a great idea as long as the patient knows what they are doing...

That's the problem isn't it.  How to ensure that no one is coerced into it.  And the fear that some people might take this route out of a feeling of being a burden or obligation,

59 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

I think we should have a referendum on it.

I doubt we'll ever have another referendum again.

Referendum!  That must be a joke, look at the mess the so called Politicians are making of Brexit for Christ sake dont let this lot loose making decisions about bringing back the death penalty, somebody is sure to swing for nowt. :hihi: