Wharncliffe Side road closure

What will happen when 2 buses or 2 hgvs meet at top of jawbone hill and what about the width restriction on Oughtibridge lane?

Surely an easier solution would be to run 57 as limited stop from Leppings Lane to Deepcar (and return) via A61/A629/A616. Then run smaller buses from Hillsborough to Wharncliffe side via Worral and Oughtibridge, then turn them at Wharncliffe side for return to Hillsborough to connect with 57 at Hillsborough Interchange. Or is this idea too simple?

HGVs should be diverted up Halifax rd and over Greno to the Stocksbridge by-pass ,then down into Deepcar at Vaughton hill. This would stop the problem on Jawbone Hill.

Or just do one side of the road at a time.

Now that is too simple for them! Wish they would though.

What will happen when 2 buses or 2 hgvs meet at top of jawbone hill and what about the width restriction on Oughtibridge lane?

Surely an easier solution would be to run 57 as limited stop from Leppings Lane to Deepcar (and return) via A61/A629/A616. Then run smaller buses from Hillsborough to Wharncliffe side via Worral and Oughtibridge, then turn them at Wharncliffe side for return to Hillsborough to connect with 57 at Hillsborough Interchange. Or is this idea too simple?

Might get a bit tight :)

I had to fetch the mother in law from Bolsterstone as the diversion signs were terrible. Now there are signs up contradicting each other: some saying closed for three weeks and some for eight weeks.

On Thursday night though from Oughtibridge where the road closed sign was, you could still carry on all the way to the Blue Ball. We had an unprecedented amount of cars going down our dead end road thinking it was the diverted route. I hope the next couple of weeks are a bit better info wise, they didn't do any work on Friday night.

I had to fetch the mother in law from Bolsterstone as the diversion signs were terrible. Now there are signs up contradicting each other: some saying closed for three weeks and some for eight weeks.

On Thursday night though from Oughtibridge where the road closed sign was, you could still carry on all the way to the Blue Ball. We had an unprecedented amount of cars going down our dead end road thinking it was the diverted route. I hope the next couple of weeks are a bit better info wise, they didn't do any work on Friday night.

Dates are now from Tuesday night apparently. Not risking it and up earlier than normal to get my bus to work....

This is my issue, I normally get the SL at just after 7am, and I can guarantee something will happen for it not to run!

Just back from walking the dogs and the road is shut through Wharncliffe Side sadly nothing on the signs this pm on the way home to say how to get to Wharncliffe Side etc.

Basically there is no way by transport. Based on what Stagecoach have been saying when asked.

There is no timetable for the amended bus services either. (nearest stop to Wharncliffe side is Low Road at Oughtibridge I believe) Yet the work has started.

there's plenty of cars coming up to blue ball

I think its the same as the other night, road closed but no actual work happening. Although I could see flashing lights from some kind of truck through my back bedroom window so something was being done...

We have no parking signs on our road saying from 12th there will be no parking, but still no one has turned up to do work...

I have to go out tonight after 7, so I will go down onto Main Road and see what the score is...

---------- Post added 13-04-2016 at 16:23 ----------

This is the info: lacking with any actual useful information...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/wharncliffe.html

Using the diversion from oughtibridge up cockshuts lane, when you arrive at the bottom of green lane opposite the wharncliffe arms you can't turn either left or right due to the wagons so the diversion signs are a complete joke!

If you attempt the jawbone/bypass diversion you cannot access wharncliffe from the deepcar direction either!

Other half had to walk from oughtibridge the other day as there was no other option!

God help us if we need a fire engine or ambulance up here with both directions blocked off on both sides of the road!!

---------- Post added 17-04-2016 at 02:32 ----------

I think its the same as the other night, road closed but no actual work happening. Although I could see flashing lights from some kind of truck through my back bedroom window so something was being done...

We have no parking signs on our road saying from 12th there will be no parking, but still no one has turned up to do work...

I have to go out tonight after 7, so I will go down onto Main Road and see what the score is...

---------- Post added 13-04-2016 at 16:23 ----------

This is the info: lacking with any actual useful information...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/wharncliffe.html

We too have no parking signs & have had no work start all week!