Places to park to view planes at Robin Hood Airport

Just asking if anyone knows of places to park to sit and view the planes landing and taking off near Robin Hood Airport.

Would just like to sit for 1/2 hour or so and sit and watch the planes.

Cheers in advance

Kriss

Just asking if anyone knows of places to park to sit and view the planes landing and taking off near Robin Hood Airport.

Would just like to sit for 1/2 hour or so and sit and watch the planes.

Cheers in advance

Kriss

Go into Finningley Village. Find The Harvey Arms pub on Old Bawtry rd, which runs

parallel to the runway. Plenty of places down there to see the planes.

Don't go at night tho or you will see more than planes:D

Bossdogg, are you in charge of whats going on at night!!!!

Don't go at night tho or you will see more than planes:D

With a username like yours you should know lol

Doncaster isn't the busiest of airports in fact it's quite likely you could sit there for longer than half an hour and not see one plane. I know Manchester is a lot further away but there's a museum there and a proper car park and viewing area. It's quite busy as well and if you time it right you'll get the see the impressive A380.

If you google High Common Lane, you can park at the end/ beginning of the runway.

Come off a J3 of M18 and take the new link road (Great Yorkshire Way) towards Bawtry and the airport. Don't turn off for the airport, keep going past the Mount Pleasant Hotel and the road is on the left, just off the A638.

Flybe do a lot of flights from there now and you also get a lot of military and private aircraft taking off. Enjoy.

I would also recommend getting the flightradar 24 app. It tells you what plane is what and where it is going in real time.

You might also see the worlds largest cargo plane in the world there, the Antonov 225. I've seen it there quite often.

Edited by verona

Thank you for the information guys - it is much appreciated - the links are great cheers

Doncaster isn't the busiest of airports in fact it's quite likely you could sit there for longer than half an hour and not see one plane. I know Manchester is a lot further away but there's a museum there and a proper car park and viewing area. It's quite busy as well and if you time it right you'll get the see the impressive A380.

I probably wouldn't go out of my way unless a serious plane geek*, but that pub on the entrance to the runway is a great place to go krisskross. The frequency of the landings I think is astounding. I always go there when I've got a pick up that is late.

*Though if I didn't need to work and had money, I'd probably make it an regular outing.

Edited by *_ash_*