Government to spend Nine million on leaflets

I got mine shortly after it was announced, weeks ago. To be honest you're not missing much whichever side of the discussion you're on. The issues weren't covered in any depth at all.

has anyone received there stay in eu leaflet in Sheffield yet they said that every house in the country would get one I live in s5 and no one around me has got one yet . if you have received yours will you reply leaving your post code ( s5 ect ect )

If you want to read it:

https://www.eureferendum.gov.uk/why-the-government-believes-we-should-remain/eu-referendum-leaflet/

has anyone received there stay in eu leaflet in Sheffield yet they said that every house in the country would get one I live in s5 and no one around me has got one yet . if you have received yours will you reply leaving your post code ( s5 ect ect )

Your not missing owt.

Mine went straight in the bin

Mine went back from whence it came...That was weeks ago!

It didn't make very good toilet paper either........ :gag:

Your not missing owt.

Mine went back from whence it came...That was weeks ago!

It didn't make very good toilet paper either........ :gag:

You might have wanted to pass yours to people like the OP, rather than self-fulfillingly contribute to the 'waste' which you all no doubt complained about?

You might have wanted to pass yours to people like the OP, rather than self-fulfillingly contribute to the 'waste' which you all no doubt complained about?

Ummmm....Who on earth would I have given it to?...Waited for this thread to appear and say, "I've got one you can have"?

Advertised it in the Free/Swap section on here?....I'd have been a laughing stock!

Your not missing owt.

:gag: Ditto :gag:

News reports were all about the 9 million it cost to print and send these but what hasn't been covered are the costs of all the social media/internet advertising they're paying for to push out this propaganda. That in itself will be 100s of 000s.

But what of the Leave campaign, surely if the Stay campaign are allowed to access public funds then the Leave campaign should have equal access? (Not that I want more wasted public money)

Ummmm....Who on earth would I have given it to?...Waited for this thread to appear and say, "I've got one you can have"?

Advertised it in the Free/Swap section on here?....I'd have been a laughing stock!

Anyone you'd run into who hasn't got one, until at least referendum day?

That's only suggesting that recipients of either side of the argument show a bit of civic initiative, so was I wrong to infer that Brexiters could show a bit of civism?

Or is it a case of, like their UKIP forefathers, they'd sooner compound the waste of taxpayer money for self-serving ideological reasons?

Perish the thought :|

Anyone you'd run into who hasn't got one, until at least referendum day?

That's only suggesting that recipients of either side of the argument show a bit of civic initiative, so was I wrong to infer that Brexiters could show a bit of civism?

Or is it a case of, like their UKIP forefathers, they'd sooner compound the waste of taxpayer money for self-serving ideological reasons?

Perish the thought :|

This started off as a perfectly reasonable question to see if people had received said brochure and not to turn the thread into a political argument on whether we should or should not remain in the EU. All it required was a simple answer of 'yes' or 'no'!

P.S, Yes I got mine weeks ago in S5.

Edited by baddodaddo