Government to spend Nine million on leaflets

A) Where did I suggest the Dutch are happy with the EU? I stated that De Hond is a charlatan who consistently gets things wrong.

B) I assume you are saying 'they' want a referendum, again, I didn't say that, I said I wouldn't mind a referendum.

The banner says - stop transfer of responsibility to corporations.

It is a year old article stating the Dutch want a referendum on TTIP. Those that did launched a campaign following the same route as the Ukraine AA referendum did. It failed, the website is still active but it landed at 50% required signatures over a year despite some very big NGOs backing it.

Do you know what that means? It means the Dutch didn't want a referendum on TTIP.

I would say 'keep trying'.

Strange then that the article is dated "15 Apr 2016 (updated: 15 Apr 2016 )" and with a headline,"Dutch voters now demanding referendum on TTIP"

Strange then that the article is dated "15 Apr 2016 (updated: 15 Apr 2016 )" and with a headline,"Dutch voters now demanding referendum on TTIP"

You know what updated means, right? Anyway, I have explained the situation on that. The TTIP referendum might well gain traction now the Ukraine referendum has done something. I don't care, I want people to have the ability to discuss these big issues and a referendum is an excellent way to trigger just that.

Just sent my leaflet back to 10 downing street,cant remember if i put a stamp on

Al we need is a one-line Act:

"The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed and all Statutory Instruments made under it are revoked."

Job done. No Referendum vote needed.

You know what updated means, right? Anyway, I have explained the situation on that. The TTIP referendum might well gain traction now the Ukraine referendum has done something. I don't care, I want people to have the ability to discuss these big issues and a referendum is an excellent way to trigger just that.

Yes but apparently you didn't.

Al we need is a one-line Act:

"The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed and all Statutory Instruments made under it are revoked."

Job done. No Referendum vote needed.

Yes very democratic.

Any ideas what that blanket removal of ALL statutory instruments might do to individuals and companies?

Personally, I prefer to see the facts from both sides, the proposals from both sides and be given a CHOICE.

Last time I looked we don't live in a dictatorship Jeffrey.

Yes very democratic.

Any ideas what that blanket removal of ALL statutory instruments might do to individuals and companies?

Personally, I prefer to see the facts from both sides, the proposals from both sides and be given a CHOICE.

Last time I looked we don't live in a dictatorship Jeffrey.

Yes, he does, he is a solicitor, so he knows what he just said is nonsense.

I don't see any facts from either side..just guesses and gut feelings I think .............. either way it seems to be a blind gamble..

Oh no, a report that has said what I have been saying ad infinitum in this and many other Brexit threads - Brexit won't deliver what you and other dim voters think it will! Shock horror :(

I'm just curious as to why anyone who doesn't share your opinion in regard to remaining in the EU is all of a sudden 'dim'. Is that really what you think?

At best it's disingenuous, and at worst pretty arrogant.

We don't all have PhD's, but we all have an opinion. Being accused of being 'dim' isn't the way to win an argument or persuade others that you might be right. All it does is harden attitudes.

I'm just curious as to why anyone who doesn't share your opinion in regard to remaining in the EU is all of a sudden 'dim'. Is that really what you think?

We don't all have PhD's, but we all have an opinion. Being accused of being 'dim' isn't the way to win an argument or persuade others that you might be right. All it does is harden attitudes.

So far Pete he's given no proof of his case..it's all speculation..and once he starts calling people who don't agree with him "dim" then he's lost the argument..

So far Pete he's given no proof of his case..it's all speculation..and once he starts calling people who don't agree with him "dim" then he's lost the argument..

I have given a shedload of arguments, as such I do get argumentative. My points that you either don't comprehend or don't want to know about are simply being ignored because they don't suit you.

In the case of Brexit, speculation is all we will get until real negotiations were to begin. That does not mean that within that debate, even when based on speculations, there are certain points that are irrefutable, each time I refer to those I either get no reply from either of you, or get words put in my mouth by Truman.

I think it is awfully convenient that you choose to use this thread, why not reply to this post for example?

The reason is simple, you know that what I state there is correct. One of the few people who is man enough to respond to that sort of post and put things the way he actually sees them is Unbeliever (as he does here). In the mean time people like you are sniping at each opportunity whilst shirking every actual engagement on arguments, unfortunately something that is all too common with pro-Brexit campaigners and indeed symptomatic of the whole Leave-campaign full stop - no answers, just shouts of fear-mongering and 'we will be stronger' without quantification. In my opinion that is indeed dim, if that offends you, tough, welcome to the real world.

Well of course the problem being. Anyone who wants to remain and tries to convince the Brexiteers otherwise, by definition 'has' to rely on guesswork and supposition, because the 'real' consequences are pretty much unknown. They would say 'a leap in the dark'...Of course pro Brexiteers would say a 'leap of faith'.

I don't believe the 'leap in the dark', doom and gloom rhetoric. I believe Britain is a lot stronger than they would have us believe.

The alternative (staying in), would just be back to business as normal, some good lots of bad, and the gravy train rolls on ad-infinitum, because we'll never be given the opportunity to wriggle out of the EU again. (At least not in my lifetime) It's a golden opportunity to rid ourselves of 43 years of trying to 'get it right', and failing on lots of fronts.

George Osborne's 'dodgy dossier' at the weekend is a nonsense. Pure guesswork and scaremongering. We'll all be £4,300 worse off by 2030? He's not been able to predict more than six months ahead, and been spectacularly wrong doing that?