Government to spend Nine million on leaflets

Black wheelie bin for me without reading it … along with all the other political voting garbage I didn't ask for that's come through the letterbox of late. If anyone wants it, go to the tip.

News reports were all about the 9 million it cost to print and send these but what hasn't been covered are the costs of all the social media/internet advertising they're paying for to push out this propaganda. That in itself will be 100s of 000s.

But what of the Leave campaign, surely if the Stay campaign are allowed to access public funds then the Leave campaign should have equal access? (Not that I want more wasted public money)

The two designated campaigns for "in" and "out" are both entitled to one free distribution of information to voters, campaign broadcasts, a higher spending limit that undesignated campaigns, and a £600K grant.

Government funded information is treated entirely separately.

The leaflet is nothing but one-sided propaganda. Think for yourself.

I returned mine via freepost RTHS-TLXL..the conservative party , 4 Matthew Parkers St London, SW1H 9HQ. after I had written on each page my thoughts.

has anyone received there stay in eu leaflet in Sheffield yet they said that every house in the country would get one I live in s5 and no one around me has got one yet . if you have received yours will you reply leaving your post code ( s5 ect ect )

NOPE!!

Not got mine :mad:

Got the bloody leave one tho dint I :rant: :rant:

NOPE!!

Not got mine :mad:

Got the bloody leave one tho dint I :rant: :rant:

No you havent - you got the Government one. As far as I am aware nobody has the official Leave or Remain ones yet.

This started off as a perfectly reasonable question to see if people had received said brochure and not to turn the thread into a political argument on whether we should or should not remain in the EU. All it required was a simple answer of 'yes' or 'no'!

P.S, Yes I got mine weeks ago in S5.

So you propose a thread full of Yes/No posts with no comment?...I see! :huh:

No you havent - you got the Government one. As far as I am aware nobody has the official Leave or Remain ones yet.

I knew that

(I actually dint :blush:)

:D

The plain fact is, the government announced the delivery of the leaflets far too late for it to be debated about, or stopped (quite deliberately)...So regardless of what anyone felt about it right or wrong, it was already done and dusted. As a result of the petition, it deemed to trigger a parliamentary debate on an issue that had already happened. More waste of time and money!

So you propose a thread full of Yes/No posts with no comment?...I see!

No comment!