IPhone 5C, Samsung Galaxy A3 - or something else?

I currently have an iPhone 5c and will be able to upgrade soon, I refuse to pay the extortionate prices new phones come with but am also thinking of moving away from the iPhone arena.

I use the iCloud calendar a LOT to sync with an iPad at home and a few other iPhone owners, but I gather I should be able to still sync this with an android phone by using an app anyway - can any of you confirm that?

The reason I am beginning to really dislike my iPhone is the photo storage issue. It doesn't hold a great deal of photo's (8GB), so I use iCloud - but this means older photo's then show up blurred and I have to wait for them to download again before viewing them.

On top of this I and several friends have had issues saving photo's and videos to home computers to back them up. It's just not an easy, simple process. It would be far more ideal to have a phone with an SD card that can then be removed and fitted directly into the PC - or I'm pretty sure Android phones are more easily accessed via computer anyway.

Due to this, the options open to me with EE are the Samsung Galaxy A3, Nexus 5X, Sony Xperia M4 or Z3, or the HTC Desire 626...

Does anyone have experience of these and can tell me which might be best? I'm leaning towards the Samsung as they seem to have a very good reputation for photo and video quality.

Thanks!

The Sony Z3 and the Nexus 5X are the higher spec'd ones of the bunch there, the Samsung and the HTC are more middle of the road with a lower spec.

The Sony has a 20MP camera and takes an SD card for a storage upgrade.

The Nexus has a 12MP camera and does not take SD cards.

You might find the Samsung and the HTC feel abit clunky and dim-witted compared to the iphone because iOS is very slick and to get the same 'feel' you generally need abit more grunt behind android to get it zipping along.

A friend has just got the Nexus P6 says it is great.

Thanks for the tips, I must say having looked at the Sony Z3 specs it is very appealing - especially the ability to take photo's underwater, take a larger than most micro SD card and quality of photo's. :thumbsup:

You can also watch the news while you're taking a bath.

Technology is wonderful.