Selling gold in sheffield

Hi I have a 9ct gold curbed bracelet 3oz in weight and was wondering if anyone knew who pays the best price locally don't wear it anymore so wanting to cash in Thanks

Hi I have a 9ct gold curbed bracelet 3oz in weight and was wondering if anyone knew who pays the best price locally don't wear it anymore so wanting to cash in Thanks

Don't sell it Looba!

You'll be glad you listened, believe me :)

Why don't sell m8

looba, I have sent you a private message. Let me know if you receive it. Thanks

Thanks a lot shining armr for your help I will use it has a guide if I do sell cheers bud..

Thanks a lot shining armr for your help I will use it has a guide if I do sell cheers bud..

This may help although it is the scrap price = http://www.scrapgolduk.co.uk

Chapels on London rd offering more cheers

Just bumping this up as I have wedding rings and a few gold (I think) bits to sell. Can anyone tell me where they have used and what is good? I might do gumtree/ebay but have no idea what price to offer? might be as easy to try sell to a jewellers.. advice much appreciated. TY.

A fair price for 9ct gold is £8 to £8.50 per gram.A fair dealer will pay pro rata for 18 and 24 ct but sadly many of them pay less per gram for this quality.

---------- Post added 10-10-2015 at 14:26 ----------

Took a white gold charm bracelet to Chapel Jewellers last week that I bought my mum from a reputable jewellers a few years ago. The lad in the shop took it in the back to test and came back saying they weren't interested as it was gold plated.

I had a look and it was fully hallmarked by Sheffield assay office and told him where I bought it from. He told me to ignore the hallmarks as 'you can buy hallmarking stuff off ebay' and he was quite rude.

I was taken aback so took it somewhere else who tested it (as 9ct gold plus one 18ct charm) and paid me £210 scrap value.

I've also had a look on ebay and whilst you can buy stamps that mark metal as 9ct there is no way anyone can sell assay office marking equipment.

Strange and I don't think I will bother Chapel again.

Don't you believe it,there is plenty of perfectly marked fake gold around.I always carry a testing kit,always get it tested before you buy even if it appears to be genuine.

Could anyone tell me were there is anywere to sell gold in sheffield, preferably the city centre. I think there's a Ramsden on the Moor but I'm not sure. I'd like to go to 2 or 3 to try and see what the prices are.

Thanks.

James Hadley Diamonds gave me the best price for gold around 4 months ago, i had already tried herbert browns, ramsdens, and 2 others on angel street near argos and one in the old marples pub in fitzallan square

James Hadley is on Surrey street next to the Town Hall