Parking restrictions for lamp-post replacement - question

I live on a long-ish road in Walkley, and over the weekend, a number of the No Loading/Parking Restrictions have appeared, which seem to be related to lamppost replacement, rather than resurfacing (which is long overdue, but another issue!).

The notices have appeared at sporadic intervals, mostly along one side of the road. They are from today (4th April for a 12 day period). There has been no sign of anyone turning up to do any work today.

My question is, do the signs apply to the whole road on both sides, or are they restricted to just a small area near each notice (it is normally continuous parking along both sides of the road, not is specific bay areas)? Given that it's a pretty big road, it seems crazy to enforce restrictions there 7am - 7pm for a period of 12 days if they are only going to turn up on day 11! Some people are ignoring the signs, but I don't want to wake up to find my car towed!

They apply to the whole road and yes are enforceable for the whole duration despite when they actually work there. I've seen them tow vehicles even when work isn't actually been carried out. Their answer to such long dates but no one there is that they do an area at a time and never 100% sure when they will specifically be working on a lamppost so need whole area clear.

They'll keep extending the dates again and again and again, they send a man round to alter the signs every now and then.

It can be a month or so before they show up to work.

I don't think they're towing many people though, not unless you're right in the way when the work crew are there.

Ok, thank you both for responding. Looks like it's going to be a fun couple of weeks.

Any idea if the 12 day period also includes weekends?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Nah I don't think I've ever seem them at weekends.

Nah I don't think I've ever seem them at weekends.

But you have seen them now and then to alter the signs?

But you have seen them now and then to alter the signs?

I've never actually seen the man do the signs, I've no idea when they sneak round.

I've seen the results though, with the original sign being up saying work will be done over 10 days or so, then every few days the end date changes till it's been several weeks.

Thanks.Ooops! I need to lengthen my reply to at least ten characters. Ah well why use a big word when a diminutive one would suffice is advice I should offer to anybody who is trying to produce a response to which a word count has been assigned. Anyway, with no sarcasm intended, "Thanks."

someone i know had their car towed away for same reason today at Woodhouse, £140 to recover it>

They turned up for 20 minutes this morning, did something or other to a couple of lampposts, then disappeared for the rest of the day. Notices are still in place. Most residents seem to be ignoring them, so it's going to be a very busy tow truck.....

someone i know had their car towed away for same reason today at Woodhouse, £140 to recover it>

Work in and around Woodhouse was scheduled to be done 2 years ago.

I live on a long-ish road in Walkley, and over the weekend, a number of the No Loading/Parking Restrictions have appeared, which seem to be related to lamppost replacement, rather than resurfacing (which is long overdue, but another issue!).

The notices have appeared at sporadic intervals, mostly along one side of the road. They are from today (4th April for a 12 day period). There has been no sign of anyone turning up to do any work today.

My question is, do the signs apply to the whole road on both sides, or are they restricted to just a small area near each notice (it is normally continuous parking along both sides of the road, not is specific bay areas)? Given that it's a pretty big road, it seems crazy to enforce restrictions there 7am - 7pm for a period of 12 days if they are only going to turn up on day 11! Some people are ignoring the signs, but I don't want to wake up to find my car towed!

So does this mean you only had a few days notice? What happens to owners of cars who are away at the time and won't have received notice?