A621/Sheffield Rd closed 03/04/2016. Accident?

Without meaning to sound like a rubbernecker (I am a rubbernecker) has anyone any news on why the A621 from Owler Bar down to Baslow was closed this evening? 1800ish. accident I assume.

Was stuck in the traffic myself was told it was a biker . I have checked and there is no details . But let's hope it's not as bad as it looked I know there lots of police and a helicopter on the road .

Edited by rubydo1

Oh my goodness! Where have all the other posts gone?!

Removed because it was incorrect .

I see. Did you actually see both a motorbike and a bicycle when you passed?

No just police and helicopter everyone was stopped and was made to turn around . That information is wrong . And I've checked there is no details .

Oh...it might not be a road accident at all then...it could be a rambler who has gotten into distress...

The road was closed both ways . But that might be because the helicopter had landed on there. So you could be right.

There's nothing on The Star's Twitter feed yet...

Seen photos on facebook of a silver car, looks to have gone downhill towards fox house then continued into the trees instead of taking the R/H bend

Seen photos on facebook of a silver car, looks to have gone downhill towards fox house then continued into the trees instead of taking the R/H bend

I drove home past the accident, a number of cars involved, a silver one with the side all smashed in and someone being treated on the verge, looked pretty serious.