CCTV recommendations and advice - No advertising/jobs/quotes

Got a link to the ones on eBay?

Well, at least you used a question mark which is like the policeman scratching his head when he says he thinks it shouldn't point at other people's property.

R.I.P.A. applies to Local Authorities, and does not apply to domestic CCTV situations.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/118173/local-authority-england-wales.pdf

The Telegraph article states that "There are currently no rules governing the use of private CCTV cameras. With security systems becoming cheaper, and hundreds of thousands of properties thought to have some form of camera system, Whitehall sources said complaints about privacy were growing more common."

There is probably need for some clarification.

It can still be awkward if it points at neighbours properties.

My dvr has masking, which avoids the problem.

(it can put a black blob over neighbours windows etc)

---------- Post added 18-06-2013 at 11:49 ----------

Got a link to the ones on eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-600TVL-Hing-Line-36IR-CMOS-OUTDOOR-Waterproof-BULLET-Camera-Security-SYSTEM-/310617302909?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item48523be77d

I really wouldn't bother, I had some before I upgraded.

Daytime poor, night-time a waste of time

I would like a two maybe three camera system that records and I can watch on my android phone from anywhere......Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would like a two maybe three camera system that records and I can watch on my android phone from anywhere......Does anyone have any suggestions?

The guys who fitted mine, really helpful and will even fit maplin kits for you. (although he advised me against buying maplin kits)

http://a1signals.co.uk

Think his name was Martin

The guys who fitted mine, really helpful and will even fit maplin kits for you. (although he advised me against buying maplin kits

Think his name was Martin

What system did you get and how much was it??

Not sure they need installing these days.

Most of the systems I've seen recently have been completely wireless with batteries in the camera/transmitters.

you get what you pay for ... a decent 4 camera system should be around 500 mark... your paying for clarity, reliability and dependability, mines ben up 3 years and not 1 spec of trouble... no theives either so somethings worked ok ...

id go wired as more robust, less prone to interference/battery drains/

wired cameras are the best as wireless gets some interference. I have installed loads over the years from domestic to commercial.

mines ben up 3 years and not 1 spec of trouble... no theives either so somethings worked ok ...

Are you saying that you expect to be burgled at least once in three years? :(