CCTV recommendations and advice - No advertising/jobs/quotes

My cameras were pointing on my proprty and capture the road and path and someone complained the police came and viewed and said i had to move them as. Its illegal ! As ive been informed many times on this thread it doesnt seem to be th cade but thid is what happened. As for having your camera on someones door in view its disgusting and you ought to be ashamed and if my door was in view of ccrv on a neighbours house there would be no cameras there very soon !!

It's NOT illegal. This has now been very clearly established. Stop repeating it.

I'd be interested to see how you'd stop my cameras pointing across the street. Break in (on camera)? Smash my windows (on camera)? Magic?

my bold=

Dont make me laugh ex bouncer boy, let's just say you would not be touching my cameras if it was you living there and no I'm not a keyboard warrior either before you come out with that line. :hihi:

My camera points down my drive that is long enough for 4 cars and not at the guys door directly but the door can be seen in the corner view so exactly what am I doing that is illegal?

they would go believe me keyboard mafya

Ex bouncer boy ! :hihi:

---------- Post added 10-04-2016 at 20:10 ----------

My cameras were pointing on my proprty and capture the road and path and someone complained the police came and viewed and said i had to move them as. Its illegal ! As ive been informed many times on this thread it doesnt seem to be th cade but thid is what happened. As for having your camera on someones door in view its disgusting and you ought to be ashamed and if my door was in view of ccrv on a neighbours house there would be no cameras there very soon !!

It's NOT illegal. This has now been very clearly established. Stop repeating it.

I'd be interested to see how you'd stop my cameras pointing across the street. Break in (on camera)? Smash my windows (on camera)? Magic?

there are ways and mean of putting a stop to things belive me and if my privacy was been invaded by cameras on someones property one way or another it would change and would fully accept the consequences as i dont care ! Lol

Edited by Starlc

So you're happy to tell people online what's illegal and isn't. And at the same time talk about "ways and means" of forcing people to change their behaviour. You realise that any "ways and means" that you aren't prepared to actually describe probably are really illegal, unlike having cameras.

How amusing that you don't care about accepting the consequences but wouldn't challenge what the police told you about some cameras.

You talk the big talk, when it's just typing on a forum.

The threats, sniping, bickering and arguing is to stop. Otherwise people will be getting suspended.

i started this thread for some advice on CCTV cameras and what systems are good to fit, not all this nonsense....

Hikvision Tvi ( turbo ) cameras / dvr , much better than the Swann rubbish 1080p , free DNS service for mobile viewing

Hikvision Tvi ( turbo ) cameras / dvr , much better than the Swann rubbish 1080p , free DNS service for mobile viewing

Swann are rebranded Hikvision products anyway so if Swann are rubbish then so are Hikvision :hihi: = http://www.vueville.com/home-security/cctv/ip-cameras/hikvision-network-camera-2015-guide/

I don't pay anything for my remote viewing either and an 8 channel 2TB nvr with 4 cameras that record audio as well for £450 is good IMO.

Edited by mafya

Some ... Not all ....It's pot luck what you get Swann do some AHD which is not a Hikvision format, and the network cameras are built to a lower spec

Edited by alarmingmark
Wrong info

Er.... Swann is made by Hikvision.......:o

i started this thread for some advice on CCTV cameras and what systems are good to fit, not all this nonsense....

I am sorry for as it seems giving you bad advice on my experiences with the system i fitted. I seem to have been wrongly advised/spoken to by the police, i genuinely was trying to offer advice by people who i trust to know the law and dont question a police officer and why should i ? The officers i spoke to seemed to knoe ther stuff and advised me on what i can and cannot do, i have been slated for what i have said snd dont react well when people try to belittle me as its againts everything i have ever known. I appologise if i have offended anyone but at the end of the day it was genuinely credited advice that was wrong.

Thanks starlc