Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

CCTV recommendations and advice - No advertising/jobs/quotes

hi i am thinking of putting cctv up externally outside my house, looking for around 3 cameras decent quality, any of you got any advice on what system i should go for and a rough price if you have had CCTV fitted?

thanks

I just bought one of these for £450 off another seller on EBay, HD quality that records sound as well= http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SWANN-SWNVK-872854-8-CHANNEL-1080P-HD-NVR-2TB-CCTV-KIT-4-BULLET-CAMERAS-IP66-/222069521971?hash=item33b45ffe33:g:kpoAAOSwJQdW-79i

You will need to read this guide if you install cameras on your house https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

On my daily visits I see cameras on houses and have come to a chilling side conclusion that they are also used to control the occupants in the house to see if they go out or have visitors. You have to think what are the cameras for and what do they say when they are up. A crime ridden area or the home of a controlling abuser?

Or people wanting to protect there property with piece of mind ?

I live in a decent area and have had 4 cameras up for years and they seem ti do the trick as things have happend to neighbours but not me but it could also be my 4 staffys that help as well !!

Make sure they only view your own land as had the police at my house checking as neighbours didnt like it.

Edited by Starlc

Yawn.

yet another uninformed fool spouting bull as fact.

Must be uninformed by the police then as i have had them at my house before making sure they only view my property as the neighbours didnt like them keyboard warrior !

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 19:43 ----------

No it isn't.

Police have said they are to me so your wrong.

Edited by Starlc

Then your listening skills are broken.

I will repeat

You are wrong.

Want it in bold?

Since we've had CCTV installed at our house, we have had the police knocking on our door on 4 occasions asking if they could view the footage from our hard drive because they have been incidents somewhere on the rd or in the park, and not once did they say it was illegal to record public areas. In fact I have very funny CCtv footage on my Facebook page of cyclist going A*se over t*t on one of those stumps the council put in on the grass verge.

Edited by mmitchell

Since we've had CCTV installed at our house, we have had the police knocking on our door on 4 occasions asking if they could view the footage from our hard drive because they have been incidents somewhere on the rd or in the park, and not once did they say it was illegal to record public areas. In fact I have very funny CCtv footage on my Facebook page of cyclist going A*se over t*t on one of those stumps the council put in on the grass verge.

Well i have so what can i say !

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 20:40 ----------

Then your listening skills are broken.

I will repeat

You are wrong.

Want it in bold?

Dont care what you say when ive had 2 coppers at my house telling me otherwise.

Edited by Starlc

A Friend of mine had his house broke into to get his car keys. He had security cameras on their way out they posed in front of the camera wearing ski masks and put two fingers up to him while dangling his car keys in front of the camera. Never saw his car again

A Friend of mine had his house broke into to get his car keys. He had security cameras on their way out they posed in front of the camera wearing ski masks and put two fingers up to him while dangling his car keys in front of the camera. Never saw his car again

You will do well to stop anybody who is determined burglar, all you can do is make it as hard as possible.

Well i have so what can i say !

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 20:40 ----------

Dont care what you say when ive had 2 coppers at my house telling me otherwise.

There are none so blind.

Your wrong. It's hard to put it more clearly.

There are none so blind.

Your wrong. It's hard to put it more clearly.

Right or wrong i have had the "POLICE" telling me this !

Must be uninformed by the police then as i have had them at my house before making sure they only view my property as the neighbours didnt like them keyboard warrior !

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 19:43 ----------

Police have said they are to me so your wrong.

The police are not experts in the law.

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 21:39 ----------

Right or wrong i have had the "POLICE" telling me this !

The police tell people lots of things, they are often wrong though.

If it were illegal, you'd be able to locate the law which made it illegal and prove it...

The police are not experts in the law.

Listen the police come to my door and tell me this, i obviously believe what they are saying and dont need some nerdy keyboard warriors being clever when they wouldnt say boo to a goose in real life.

If im wrong its because of being told by the police but i think i will beleive them over the walkley uni brigade ! Lol :hihi:

Anyway im done, on yer bike !

Edited by Starlc