Sign in to follow this  

Morrissey Concert.

Anyone Going To See The Mighty Mozza At The City Hall Next Week(may 3rd).cant Wait!

omg you are so lucky wish i was going let me know what its like Mozza rules :) watched a video of a concert he did in manchester fairly recently on one of the music channels and it looked awesome

let me know what its like

I'm there for definite.

Was meant to be going with girlfriend but she'd left me an gone to Denmark - How apt!

I am going wiht my mates and we can't bloody wait.

Listening to all the old favourites and getting ver excited!!!!!!

I am going with my mates and we can't bloody wait.

Listening to all the old favourites and getting very excited!!!!!! By the way does anyone think the ebay ******s have no soul??? I remember when i used to go to gigs in the 'old' days and you could actually wait and save up to go and see someone rather than have to pay some ****** five times the ticket price to see your favourite band.......and that's after trying to get tickets one minute after the box office opens. BAN EBAY TICKET SALES I am now thirty so can sometimes afford a bit more-grudgingly. But what about the new generation of music lovers??? They can't spend £100 to se a band and why shouldn;t they see them? Sorry, rant started and now has to end because it is a fruitless discussion with myself. BAN EBAY TICKET TOUT ******S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that the council are closing quite a few roads in town on Wednesday, so make sure you've got enough time to get into town for the gig...! (SUFC open top bus tour...)

another event for you Moz/Smiths fans...

** Offbeat **

Sheffield's legendary indiepoppunk night

presents its 10th annual

Offbeat Smiths and Morrissey Night

Friday 12th May, 2006

@ The Raynor Lounge, Sheffield Uni SU, Glossop Road

9pm to 1am

Admission £3.00

includes free lollipops and flowers, plus 'Smiths/Morrissey playlist bingo' with the chance to win a Smiths Rubics Cube!

...playing 15-20 Smiths and Morrissey tracks plus the usual Offbeat mix of classic and new leftfield indie, punk-pop, C86 and indiepop underground sounds from the likes of ...

Belle and Sebastian - Pavement - Interpol - Architecture in Helsinki - Delgados - Smiths - Futureheads - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Art Brut - Shins - Half Man Half Biscuit - Sonic Youth - Pixies - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Bright Eyes - Mclusky - Arcade Fire - Polyphonic Spree - Ballboy - Buzzcocks - Long Blondes - Wedding Present - Hefner - Decemberists - Dead Kennedys - Rilo Kiley - Fall - Graham Coxon - Field Mice - Kenickie - Sleater Kinney - REM - Postal Service - Joy Division - Envelopes - Hidden Cameras - Stereolab - Nirvana - Pastels - Aislers Set - Morrissey - Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - White Stripes - Elastica - Super Furry Animals - Bis - Ash - Talulah Gosh - Camera Obscura - At the Drive-in - Helen Love - Idlewild - Dressy Bessy - British Sea Power - Moldy Peaches - Ride - ...Trail of Dead - Jesus and Mary Chain - My Bloody Valentine - Urusei Yatsura - Undertones - Shop Assistants - Eels - Sebadoh - ... and many more

For more info' on Offbeat such as other dates, playlists, reviews, etc, check out http://www.offbeatsheffield.com

* VERY IMPORTANT 1 *

If you a non-student, also check

http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/frames/wherefra.htm

for directions / admission details, or email me.

* VERY IMPORTANT 2 *

The venue has been extended since last year BUT we are still likely to sell out very quickly...

Yes went to salford and leeds last week - fantastic, leeds was the best for me as it was standing going to sheffield and grimsby next week cant wait!

Is it Sons and Daughters support? If so what time are they on and also what time for Moz himself?

I'd like to catch the support but I can't stand the bars in the CH - the beer is awful and expensive, plus all the queueing nightmare, so I'd prefer to stay in the pub until the last moment.

morrissey?? jesus - best have the paramedics on stand by for that one - they'll be treating plenty of wrist cuts that night!!

Sons And Daughters are definitely supporting - I would have thought they'd be on at 8pm-ish. City Hall website states 'show starts 8pm' so support won't be on long after that.

So I guess it's likely to be:

8.00 Support band

8.30 interval

9.00 Moz