Bay Curtain Pole

Hi,

We are wanting to put brushed steel tubular curtain pole in our bay window but neither myself or my other half are very handy....we saw an ideal one at Dunelm but they've quoted a few hundred quid to come out and fit it! Anyone know of anyone else a bit cheaper....

Thanks in advance

Edited by shoegazer81

a few hundred quid to fit a pole wow!!! I bet there are loads of handy people on here who would do it

we got one off ebay, 3m for £36.99 with £5.95 postage from a seller called qualitypoles1

It's a lightweight aluminium track, with steel brackets - it came with plastic inserts that you slot into the track and position where you need to bend it so it doesn't collapse

pretty easy to bend, just steady pressure pulling it against your knee

if you're not confident about fitting it, there's probably a good few handymen in the classifieds who'd do it for a fraction of what Dunelm are wanting to charge

Thanks for getting back to me, will certainly look in the classifieds. We like the pole at Dunelm, just not the fitting price! Will also check out that ebay store-cheers!

hi, is yours a 3 bay window?

I have curved bay 5 sections and am having problems as well trying to get a suitable pole.

prices are extortionate.

any ideas welcome

thanks

mine was a 5 window bay

the pole I mentioned came in 2 sections with a central joining piece, which actually made the fitting a bit easier (as I was only doing 3 bends per section)

B & Q do one for exactly the application you need. Pandora Stainless Steel Effect Fixed Length Bay Window Curtain Pole Set (L)400cm - £45.

Me and the future FIL spent an hr fitting it. You bend the pole as required (very easy) and cut any excess length off (which is the slightly more tricky bit, but takes 2 mins with a Dremel).

It's excellent quality and looks the part....

Edit - the Dunelm pole reviews badly and I was not impressed when I when to look at it.

Edited by jasd75
To bad-mouth Dunelm

if you have the pole pm me a link to it i can fir it a lot less than few hundred can not give price without seeing it

how many brackets does the B&Q one have? is it one at each end & one in the middle?

how many brackets does the B&Q one have? is it one at each end & one in the middle?

Sure is. 3 brackets in total.

Mod message:

Just a thought. Wouldn't this thread be better in the 'jobs' section?....Most handymen/women monitor that section to pick up work.

(I can't move it there for technical reasons. But there's no reason the OP couldn't start a thread in the jobs section and then we'll close this one.)