Bin Men On Strike Tomorrow

Soon be out of a job ...

I didn't watch all of that, just the first few seconds but what struck me was that the street in that clip wasn't lined with parked cars as most normal streets are, so I don't see that being of practical use in most places.

Todays binmen have all the work done for them. No lifting what so ever.

Binmen back in the day used to walk down your path , carry a big heavy steel bin on their back , lift it in to the wagon , then take it back down your path .

This lot today have it easy.

Yet its still not easy enough for them, they still think they can toss it off as and when they feel but now they have eyes on them they are buggered, maybe the cameras keep catching them sat in the cab reading the health and safety manuals trying to find some loopholes they can add to make their job even easier.

Binmen back in the day used to walk down your path , carry a big heavy steel bin on their back , lift it in to the wagon , then take it back down your path .

Maybe easier than carrying a steel bin on your back.

These large plastic bins with wheels have a fortnight of rubbish from a modern society that produces more rubbish from increased consumptions.

Watching bin man take these full bins between parked cars you can tell it is not an easy job either.

To take one empty bin back to your own house is easy, how would you feel if you were to just put all 200 empty bins back on your own road.

Edited by dutch

As far as I know, yes. We had paperwork stating that when they switched us to black bins.

You had paper work.

You being a binman or a bin user?

And leave a mess all over the path and road.

And leave a mess all over the path and road.

Like the bin men who take black bags out of the top of the wheelie bin and leave them on the path because they break "the rules" :hihi:

Like the bin men who take black bags out of the top of the wheelie bin and leave them on the path because they break "the rules" :hihi:

I probably broke their rules today when i helped one of them carry and throw into the back of their wagon 12 bags of heavy-ish office clear out. He didn't read the H&S riot act out to me though....I wonder why?

I probably broke their rules today when i helped one of them carry and throw into the back of their wagon 12 bags of heavy-ish office clear out. He didn't read the H&S riot act out to me though....I wonder why?

You tell me, you seem to know it all.

You tell me, you seem to know it all.

Because two of his colleagues remained on their fat arses in the wagon when they saw i were doing their job. That's why!

I have been told by someone who has spoken to an insider.

The rules argued about are to do with making the bin man work harder faster and more efficient. If they don't then they get punished in some way.

It sounds to me these would be rules made by very greedy people who would like to have a whip to beat their slaves to work harder.

I cannot confirm this information personally but do trust the source it has come from.

Has anyone seen if any of the bin wagons are out this morning doing collections or do we have to wait another two weeks for our blue bin to be emptied?

Our bins have been emptied this morning.