Saaaaaafend v Blades match day thread

Only bothered watching the last 5 minutes,one Southend attack and the defence are claiming offside when there's clearly one dopey not in line playing them on,another and they've got Done back defending when he obviously has no idea how to defend and costs us a goal,then Southend just spend another minute or so passing the ball around themselves like they're Brazil...........what the other 85 odd minutes were like I dread to think after those shocking 5.

United got taught a lesson by a young 22 year old out of contact in the summer, says it all for me.

Owls got taught a lesson by an old and supposedly past it manager recently who's just filling in, says it all for me :)

Owls got taught a lesson by an old and supposedly past it manager recently who's just filling in, says it all for me :)

Fair comment sheff but is this season now over for you do you think ?

Difficult times ahead, is Adkins a good manager or a bad one that got lucky, post Southampton he's been awful, does McCabe trust him with the future of the club???

Looks a decent prospect Payne, nice finish there. Out of contract too soon...Adkins, go and offer to swap Hammond, Sammon and McEveley for him and £500k... Or £100k cash only... :hihi:

haha no thanks. Brown said that he's hoping Payne is going to sign a new contract. He's local and grown up through the Southend system so hopefully he'll recognise that he's got an opportunity to continue to develop with us (Southend). He was exceptional tonight but he's still quite raw.

I was really disappointed with Sheffield United. They clearly look like a team who've given up on the season and our defence was there for the taking.

Difficult times ahead, is Adkins a good manager or a bad one that got lucky, post Southampton he's been awful, does McCabe trust him with the future of the club???

If he was wednesdays manager i would be very concerned but is it none backing and his hands are tied ? I think there needs to be a major clearout from what i have seen and there were only a few players who i would keep.

It's about time they got rid of Clough!

It's about time they got rid of Clough!

Really ???? :hihi:

Your joking arnt you ???

If he was wednesdays manager i would be very concerned but is it none backing and his hands are tied ? I think there needs to be a major clearout from what i have seen and there were only a few players who i would keep.

Adkins tied his own hands when he said he was going to give everyone a chance,before the season started,he saw what the result of that was in the first game of the season.We are now 39 games in,and he still has not managed to assemble a defence that is worthy of the name,still shipping goals,whoever he has brought in and whatever formation he has tried..........it's his job to find a solution to it,he hasn't.

It looks like Adkins has saved the Blades the agony of the playoffs this year.

It's been all over realistically for a while, mathematically it's still possible but it's just a case of trying to get a few wins, and see who is worth keeping next season.

It's been all over realistically for a while, mathematically it's still possible but it's just a case of trying to get a few wins, and see who is worth keeping next season.

Got to clear out and re-build but i personnally dont think adkins can motivate them by the looks of things.