Budget tyres vs Premium tyres

For bikers tyres brakes and steering keep you, your passengers and other people alive, or safe, its much the same for any other vehicle.

Spend your money as you think fit.

It wasn't so long back that Kwik Fit's budget Arrowspeed brand was recommended and only slightly behind Pirelli or Goodyear (can't remember which) in stopping distance in the wet.

The diference between stopping before hitting that child or not?

so you can have max grip and least rolling resistence?:huh:

how can soft rubber be same wear as hard rubber?

Read some of the independent tests, eg by Which, or Auto Bild or Auto Express.

Yes, you can get these sort of combinations of features.

Is that the reason why formula one soft tyres only last 10 laps while the harder compound can last 30?

Tyres last various numbers laps there are no fixed numbers, depending on the track layout, temperature, age of the tyres (some have been used in practice and qualifying) and how the driver handles the car.

---------- Post added 22-08-2014 at 09:25 ----------

If they were so dangerous they wouldn't sell them. The stopping distances in the dry at 70mph were:

Goodyear Optigrip – 53.4 metres

Ovation VI-182 – 53.4 metres

ArrowSpeed CP661 – 53.9 metres

Read some of the independent tests, eg by Which, or Auto Bild or Auto Express.

Yes, you can get these sort of combinations of features.

Might aswell read the mail. Tyres will always be a compromise between grip in dry/wet and wear. Show me a tyre that score 10 in all test.

Might aswell read the mail. Tyres will always be a compromise between grip in dry/wet and wear. Show me a tyre that score 10 in all test.

http://www.criefftyres.co.uk/TyreSearch/Details/25563/Kumho+KH27+18565R15

This Kumho tyre scores quite good, double B, there does seem to be seem where the grip goes up, and fuel economy goes down. The tyre in the link even has different scores with different sizes.

http://www.criefftyres.co.uk/TyreSearch/Details/25563/Kumho+KH27+18565R15

This Kumho tyre scores quite good, double B, there does seem to be seem where the grip goes up, and fuel economy goes down. The tyre in the link even has different scores with different sizes.

"there does seem to be seem where the grip goes up, and fuel economy goes down"

thats what i been saying all the time, its always a compromise between grip and wear.

then we get a geek who googles some rubblish and copy and paste it on here while knowing nothing about tyres

No, but plenty score highly across the board, whereas some others are much more hit and miss and much less able across the board. This is surely the point of the thread.

I see you're now expecting 10s across the board to justify your claim, instead of actually considering what people have said.

No, but plenty score highly across the board, whereas some others are much more hit and miss and much less able across the board. This is surely the point of the thread.

I see you're now expecting 10s across the board to justify your claim, instead of actually considering what people have said.

If there is no need for comprises why not have 10s all the way ???:huh:

If there is no need for comprises why not have 10s all the way ???:huh:

Who's said there is NO compromise?

Of course, a couple of the compromises are development and manufacturing costs.

The companies that are chasing the higher scores across the board spend more to achieve this, and the customers therefore finish up paying more for these tyres.

As a result, better scores across the board tend to go hand in hand with higher prices in the shops.

Who's said there is NO compromise?

Of course, a couple of the compromises are development and manufacturing costs.

The companies that are chasing the higher scores across the board spend more to achieve this, and the customers therefore finish up paying more for these tyres.

As a result, better scores across the board tend to go hand in hand with higher prices in the shops.

have you read what Obelix's google and paste?

---------- Post added 22-08-2014 at 13:42 ----------

like 0.5 of a meter out of 53 meters:huh:

have you read what Obelix's google and paste?

---------- Post added 22-08-2014 at 13:42 ----------

like 0.5 of a meter out of 53 meters:huh:

Re bib.

I'm not interested in Obelix's copy and paste.

I stick by what I said, good results ACROSS THE BOARD, go hand in hand with higher development and manufacturing costs.