Budget tyres vs Premium tyres

I'd love to see how long a Fullrun tyre would last at 250mph+ compared to the ones that are made for the car. My guess is they'd disintegrate quite quickly.

I guess you'd say that about rally cars, BTCC etc. They're just tyres after all. No point using branded ones suitable for a purpose because they're just the same as those cheap Chinese Fullrun ones.

As others pointed out, the wet stopping is usually appalling on cheaper tyres too. On Nexens I'd spin the wheels in 3rd in my car in the wet. On the Good Years I have now, I can't do it. Same speed rating.

Do you have reading differculty? Every tyre have a speed and load rating

As in most of this life, you get what you pay for. Buy cheap = get cheap, it really is that simple.

Angel1

have you read what Obelix's google and paste?

It's not google and paste me old mucker - if it was I'm sure you could find the original source.

It's called a little bit of expert knowledge - developed a few years back now up in the big building on Western Bank.

---------- Post added 24-08-2014 at 18:22 ----------

Thats quite a stupid thing to say. Are you posting for effect?

No he's reversing his position to get a reaction, the classic hallmark of a troll.

Do you have reading differculty? Every tyre have a speed and load rating

What's that got to do with my post?

And since you're going to start throwing insults around, you might want to check on your spelling.

Ive used them. They are good at what they do and prices are fair.

Cheers! Will ask them then.

No he's reversing his position to get a reaction, the classic hallmark of a troll.

Trolling is right. His posting style is quite familiar. Like hes been here before?

Yep I'd say they were ..You can tell the quality in ie... Mitchellin and Goodyear and the handling in wet weather..

Anybody used Hawleys tyres at Holme Lane? They are the only stockists of Vredestein in the area, I think, and as I like Vredesteins (used to only drive on them in the Netherlands) I'd like to use them.

I've used them quite a few times but I buy through black circles now and select Hawleys as the fitters. I found the service was significantly better that way.

Anybody used Hawleys tyres at Holme Lane? They are the only stockists of Vredestein in the area, I think, and as I like Vredesteins (used to only drive on them in the Netherlands) I'd like to use them.

Tyreleader sell Vredestein's,delivered to your door for free,or choose a local fitter through their site:thumbsup:

Branded tyres are almost double the price of the basic budget tyres, £33 per tyre for 185/65/15; yet Pirellis are £62.

There is also the New EU Tyre Label, is it worth buying a A rated tyre?

For the safety of yourself and other road users the difference in price is worth it.

Branded tyres are same as designer cloth. Its for the dumb weak minded people who think well know equal better

tend to agree, with the state of the roads in and around Sheffield at the moment ,is it worth buying expensive (high) branded tyres ?? when they could be left useless within weeks.

I put 4 brand new 17 inch continentals on my car the other year, special price of £125 each. My missus went out in the car,moved out of the way for an ambulance-hit a pot hole and trashed the walls on 2 of the tyres, that was £250 wasted.

since then Iv'e always used budgets or 2nd hands,and the budgets(£55) seem to be as good as the conti's:suspect::suspect:

tend to agree, with the state of the roads in and around Sheffield at the moment ,is it worth buying expensive (high) branded tyres ?? when they could be left useless within weeks.

I put 4 brand new 17 inch continentals on my car the other year, special price of £125 each. My missus went out in the car,moved out of the way for an ambulance-hit a pot hole and trashed the walls on 2 of the tyres, that was £250 wasted.

since then Iv'e always used budgets or 2nd hands,and the budgets(£55) seem to be as good as the conti's:suspect::suspect:

its hard to educate the less fortunate people. Next minute they will tell you levis jeans will out last a pair of tesco jean or his nike trainers are less slippery and never wear out compare to asda trainers