I want to help planning a wedding :)

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I wanted to try out wedding planning as it's something I went to uni for but had to drop out due to medical reasons after a short time.

I don't expect to be paid, but would really like to help someone.

If anyone needs to find a car hire company/venue, or anything else, can you send me a private message and I will get onto it as soon as possible for you :)

I don't have any experience, but I'm hoping to build up a knowledge.

Thanks all x

Hi

Are you still wanting to plan a wedding??? I'm getting married 10.06.2017 and have hit a wall!!! we are getting married at Norton Church and needing a venue for after.

Sound easy right!! well we want it to hold around 250 people and allow us you have a waltzer and dodgems (or just waltzer is fine!) dont want it to be more than 20/30mins away from the church. We're not wanting a sit down meal just a hog roast and a burger van (or something like) for evening. I have been trying to find land to hire and get tipi's but having no luck!!! any help would be really greatful!!! xxx

Have you tried the country club across the road from the church.

There's also the club st Meadowhead, used to be transport club, that's got a lot of land

Edited by Firparnian
Extra info

Hiya

Yeh we went to a wedding there the other week but its not big enough. and transport club not really that nice we want some where that looks nice barn ect or just land we can make our own. Thanks for your help xxx

Hi cbs_michelle

Handsworth Old Rectory is a lovely place, they have a large hall & some space outside (maybe for what your looking for)

http://www.orh.org.uk/

Hope it helps

Crafty Chez - Invitations, Favours, guest books & more plus creative workshops for brides

http://www.craftychez.co.uk

Hi Michelle,

Yes I would love to help you! I am fends with the people who have the burger van at b and q, they rent out their van to beer festivals ect so wedding would be no problem! Message me if you want me to ask for her prices.

As for the venue and teepees, I'll get back to you tomorrow when I have done a bit more research.

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 21:48 ----------

Also could you let me know your budget for the venue, teepee, etc. Don't want to go overboard haha

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 22:01 ----------

http://www.totallytipi.com/contact.html

Found this, based in Barnsley.

---------- Post added 19-07-2016 at 22:16 ----------

If you go on this page, scroll down to where it says smallshaw, they have multiple venues with land on the back, and on one of the images below it, it has a teepee on some land.

http://www.pjtaste.co.uk/venues/

Apart from this, the only other types of venue I can think of is maybe the fox and hound pub near Eckington. We used to know the owner before they sold up, and they used to hold annual events with burger vans, rides and all on their back. They have quite a lot of land, and if needed you have a pub for a few beers.

In past experience when I've visited the venue when events have been on, it has had up to 1500 people on the back.

It's in a really nice area too.

Let me know what you think.