Get off the roads or let other road users get past !!

Why do you people insist on blocking A roads and driving at 25mph on A roads?

Don't you ever look in the rear view mirror and see a line of cars desperately trying to get past?

Is so why don't you pull into a layby?

Caravan owners you are pests and as for people with trailer tents you are worse.

COme on, show some consideration and please check your rear view mirrors. If you see a line of cars stretching into the distance get into a layby and let us get past.

GRRRR

Drive faster

Rant over:rant:

---------- Post added 27-03-2016 at 23:04 ----------

I got stuck on the Woodhead behind a caravan, god knows what sort of car was pulling the caravan, a Renault Clio?

The car simply wasn't powerful enough, surely there needs to be a law on this?

Calm down, eat some chocolate, there's no rush.

You need to go on a driver awareness course.

What speed to do you expect someone pulling a caravan or a trailer tent to go at ?

Incidently, I am not a caravan owner or a trailer tent owner.

JOHN HABS

Preferably not 25mph on an A road

Why did this idiot not check his rear view mirror? It was like that film convoy yesterday.

what you need is yorkie bar

I’ve pounded the roads from coast to coast,

Yorkie and me rolling on —

’Cos a long day’s run can be short on fun

Without Yorkie to help me along.

Good, rich and thick, a milk chocolate brick

what you need is yorkie bar

I’ve pounded the roads from coast to coast,

Yorkie and me rolling on —

’Cos a long day’s run can be short on fun

Without Yorkie to help me along.

Good, rich and thick, a milk chocolate brick

You've put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day :mad:

Do you enjoy annoying people on busy A roads?

You've put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day :mad:

Do you enjoy annoying people on busy A roads?

By the time we got into skeggy Town,

We had eighty-five caravans in all.

But they's a roadblock up on the louth road,

And them bears was wall-to-wall.

Yeah, them caravans is thick as bugs on a bumper;

They even had a bear in the air!

I says, "Callin' all caravans, this here's the Duck.

"We about to go a-huntin' bear." CONVOY

Alternatively you could try a little tolerance of other people's lifestyles. And a bad mood is a choice. You put yourself in it.

I do sometimes think some people see a caravan and think that they *must* get past them at all costs and most of the time these days the caravanners are moving at a decent pace.

I do however agree that 25mph is a little slow, I suppose the weather conditions over the last couple of days may play a part and caravans are expensive and pretty flimsy in an accident so I don't blame them.

Just overtake safely at the first opportunity and chill out!

---------- Post added 30-06-2016 at 18:49 ----------

Ive just read the date on the post so the rain wont have counted but it was probably icy back then :D

Errr, "you people"....really?

Your intolerant self will be pleased to read this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tractor-driver-fined-driving-25mph-8348287

As I drive what's basically a souped up agricultural vehicle with a top speed of 50mph on the flat, I'm no stranger to tailbacks, and I do always pull over when I see one forming, I'm the most considerate driver you'll ever meet - however, "you people" who regard being forced to slow down to the legal speed limit or (god forbid) below because someone is driving as fast as their wheels will go ("drive faster"....really? "Brian, there's a tailback forming, turn on the nitrous oxide!") it as an affront and infringement of your human rights can sit and stew for all I care, hope you miss the start of Corrie or whatever equally important engagement you have.

I took my driving test for my motorbike license in my 40s, 20 odd years after getting my car license. This second test opened my eyes. I learned things I never learned for my car license, as they'd tightened up a lot by then.

One of the things I learned on the course which surprised me, was that ALL road users are EQUAL in the eyes of the law, and thereby have equal rights to be on the road, and what's more they have a right to drive in the centre of the lane, not in the edge.

This applies to pushbike users, horses, road-licensed motability scooter users, caravans and tractors etc.

Cars seem to think they own the road, or have some sort of priority, ...they don't.

As a car driver, I have a lot more respect for other road users now.

At the end of the day, its all about courtesy and manners. We have a great reputation for those in this country, so let's keep up the standards!

Car users be a bit more understanding, or get some manners, and other users, just do what you can to help alleviate the pressure on the roads by travelling at times other than peak periods.

In certain states of america its illegal to drive slow and not let people past. I do tend to agree, drive how you like but if you are going considerably less than the speed limit, let people pass every so often.

---------- Post added 11-08-2016 at 08:03 ----------

Errr, "you people"....really?

Your intolerant self will be pleased to read this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tractor-driver-fined-driving-25mph-8348287

Does seem a bit OTT that fine. He said he pulled over twice and couldn't see the tailback. As I've said I've no issue with people driving slow (i drive pretty slow in my old campervan) as long as those people pull in every so often. I do also think that the "fast" people should assess why it is they think they're in such a rush however.

Edited by TimmyR