Five bob business lunches

It was the Rickshaw. I get my street names mixed up after being away for so long. After a night on the pub circuit on West St., we'd often wind up there too. Great meal.
Bands used to go back to the Rickshaw after gigs in the early 60s. Upstairs was the "Blue Lagoon Bar" with a Jazz Trio playing,Some dodgy characters used to get up there with their women.Scrap and car dealers etc.The "Penny Farthing" club took over from there later on!

Spent many happy hours in there after gigs!

Businessman's Lunch, Chinese restaurant ... don't get the link to be quite honest. I remember the Peacock in the Wicker ... never saw any 'businessmen' in there in all the times I went in.

Bands used to go back to the Rickshaw after gigs in the early 60s. Upstairs was the "Blue Lagoon Bar" with a Jazz Trio playing,Some dodgy characters used to get up there with their women.Scrap and car dealers etc.The "Penny Farthing" club took over from there later on!

Spent many happy hours in there after gigs!

Before nightclubs in Sheffield the Chinese restaurants were the only places you could carry on drinking after time in the City. Different in the 'burbs, you could get some after bird if you knew the landlord in quite a few locations.

Businessman's Lunch, Chinese restaurant ... don't get the link to be quite honest. I remember the Peacock in the Wicker ... never saw any 'businessmen' in there in all the times I went in.
.........how would you know?.......they were not all in suits!

.........how would you know?.......they were not all in suits!

Show how much you value your clients and colleagues by buying them a 5 bob lunch at the local chinese!

Show how much you value your clients and colleagues by buying them a 5 bob lunch at the local chinese!

C'mon guys, let's not get nit picking. In those days scrap dealers and used car dealers were considered business men, know what I mean, nudge, wink LOL:D

Behave yourself Mossdog :) I used to go there with my fellow office workers, the men always wore suits and ties.

Wasn't the Brown Bear one of the "businessmen" pubs....I used to go in 1978/79 and you could still faintly see the MEN ONLY on the lounge door.

Wasn't the Brown Bear one of the "businessmen" pubs....I used to go in 1978/79 and you could still faintly see the MEN ONLY on the lounge door.[/quote

These days the sign says 'alcoholics and smackheads only'