Racism...funny or not?

I don't think that Bartfarst will be answering any comments on here for a while, due to comments along the lines of "Hitler was right apart from a few errors of judgement." on another thread.

and that wasnt the worst thing he said :P

I just had to come back on to this thread. Where my wife works there is a lot of Asian workers .Two of the male workers were having a slight disagreement

and one turned to the other and call him a F****ing P**i .This guy went straight up to the managers office and lodged a complaint that his colleague was being racist the managers working on it.

I just had to come back on to this thread. Where my wife works there is a lot of Asian workers .Two of the male workers were having a slight disagreement

and one turned to the other and call him a F****ing P**i .This guy went straight up to the managers office and lodged a complaint that his colleague was being racist the managers working on it.

Is this a white guy or a asian using the **** term?? If white then he's in the proverbial deep stuff and if it was an asian, it will be interesting. Just like blacks using the ****** term to each other. Unless the guy being abused was Indian :hihi:

I'm not racist

...but I hate Geordies.

Did you hear the one about the Jewish kamakasi pilot?

He crashed his plane into his brothers scrap yard

It is a very very silly move. I don't get why people have to become personal, if they can't work well together.

Anyway, back to the post. I just wanted to comment on something that Bartfarst wrote.

With regards to people being all equal, and the studies of IQ across nationalities/race. I just want to ask this one Q. How can IQ tests be valid and 'fair' when the tests are done in different languages, and therefore cannot be compared equally, on equal terms with one another ? Also, how can IQ tests be valid to those that are never 'educated', or studied a book in their life ? (e.g. people in 3rd world countries.)

For example, 1+1 = 2. This is a fact. If all participants who partake in the test understand the concepts of mathematics, and the principles of addition, then I'm sure they would agree with the above sum. However, in a typical IQ test, which is not just numerically based, but logically and verbally orientated. How can one translate the same problem into a different language, and expect the same principles to be applied when the syntax of the languages itself, and grammar is different ?

The impresson I get of this 'study' by this Ellis guy is that. He is comparing a set of Test A results (by race A) with Test B results (by race B). When both tests are not the same to start off with. How can it be a fair test in this kind of circumstances ?

Is this a white guy or a asian using the **** term?? If white then he's in the proverbial deep stuff and if it was an asian, it will be interesting. Just like blacks using the ****** term to each other. Unless the guy being abused was Indian :hihi:

It was two Asian guys ,There still trying to sort it out .

I find that post highly offensive, I had a (white) friend who was bullied at school due to the size of his shed and need extensive therapy that couldn't prevent him from taking his own life...in his small cramped shed :(

:smile:

hahahahaa:hihi:

I used to get called **** a lot at school because im half pakistani, I hate it!, my boyfriend uses it sometimes and whenever he does he gets a slap!

I used to get called **** a lot at school because im half pakistani, I hate it!, my boyfriend uses it sometimes and whenever he does he gets a slap!

but isnt it slightly different?

i can imagine the ones at school wernt using it nicely?

and your boyfriend may use it more tongue in cheek or as they say "positive"?

or just to wind you up :P

but isnt it slightly different?

i can imagine the ones at school wernt using it nicely?

and your boyfriend may use it more tongue in cheek or as they say "positive"?

or just to wind you up :P

I dunno, he just uses itlike, we're goin to the **** shop, ehs not used it for ages now tho :)

The only way you can be insulted is if you allow yourself to be insulted.

the very purpose of an insult is to make the insultor feel powerful, and the one on the recieving end a lesser person. In other words mental bullying.

This is only possible if you have somekind of respect for the person doing the bullying.

How can it be possible to insult someone by calling them a name, whatever it may be, unless the name caller is using violent aggression.

That is not insult, it is assault, and should be treat as such.

Throughout my life I have been called many things by many diffent people of all colours and creeds. Many have cut to the quick, and I remember all too well, in my quiet hours.

If people choose to bandy insults regarding colour and creed they will in the long run be the loser, as they will have missed part of lifes tapestry