Seeking kathleen riley

looking for Kathleen riley or her brother Bernard they lived on the wybourn in the 1950s

There was a Kath riley who had a brother Bernard lived on Paylor close,manor estate in the 50s and60s.

There was a Kathleen Riley in our class at Wybourn school middle 1950s she lived on Saunders Road I believe.

dear 10sheds

that sounds like the girl I`m looking for, I wonder if you know her married name it would help to find her

...I wonder if you know her married name it would help to find her
Hi - do you know how old Kathleen would be now? The births index shows that a Bernard Riley was born in Sheffield in Jul-Sep 1947 and a Kathleen Riley in Oct-Dec 1952, the mother's maiden name in each case being Hunt. If this is the right Kathleen Riley then she would now be 63 and could have married some time after Oct-Dec 1968. A Kathleen Riley married a Martin J. Buckley in Sheffield in 1971 and a Kathleen Riley married an Anthony R. Hardy in Sheffield in 1974. The next Sheffield marriage record for a Kathleen Riley is as late as Apr-Jun 2000, and so (assuming that Kathleen married in Sheffield) either of the above two marriages seems likely.

dear hillsbro the Kathleen would older than the one you found she was born in the early forties ,but thank you very much for your reply

Hiya Greasemonkey

the Kathleen Rile I knew was in my year at Wybourn school so that would make her same age as me 73 born in 1943. I joined the army as a boy in 1958 so I lost track of most of the school mates till I left the army in 1970. I am still in touch with some of the kids who were in our class so I will ask around to see if any of them know what became of her. Regards 10sheds

...Kathleen...was born in the early forties...
...same age as me 73 born in 1943...

Here goes again (I was looking for Sheffield births only and didn't know Kathleen's age).

A Bernard M. Riley was born in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1944. A Kathleen Riley was born in Retford in Apr-Jun 1943. In each case the mother's maiden name is given as Briddock, and sure enough, a Bernard Riley married a Laura Briddock in Sheffield in 1939. Kelly's directories from 1953 to 1964 show Bernard Riley at 20 Payler Close as REUBEN 123 noted.

Apart from the two marriages mentioned in my previous post, there are also Sheffield marriages for a Kathleen Riley to Charles A. Ball in Apr-Jun 1962 and to Peter T. O'Connell in Apr-Jun 1968.

I've sent a PM.

Edited by hillsbro